Website feedback please

Website feedback please

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CyrixInstead 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Website feedback please

inseromarketing
    Participant

Hi guys,

I would love to hear some feedback on my website – what you like, what you hate and what could be improved.

My website address is http://www.inseromarketing.com

At the moment (when posting) you will be greeted by a “under construction page”. This is because I am having a video commissioned which will go here and a slider as well. Other than that page which is terrible, please have a look around and let me know your feedback on the various pages 🙂

Reply to: Website feedback please

AlexJS
    Participant

Okay, this area seems to be up again as your post is kinds older 😉

Looked at you site and first impression is okay. Maybe use the new BOLDR version as it loads slow. Next thing is that the main nav has a line break before “CONTACT US”. That should not be I guess. Also the contact page repeats the logo from the header which looks kinda wrong …

I like the right part of your header and the footer. Guess you are using custom code in there.
    For some reason I was checking out your 7 stages page. There you seem to use buttons as header. These buttons link to the page they are on. This make a not so cool user exerience.

Also like the green color.

inseromarketing
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your feedback. I will have a look at the items you have mentioned and make some changes to try and improve those bits over the next few days.

I really appreciate the time spent looking at my site, so thank you very much for your help and support.

Kind regards,
    Stuart

AlexJS
    Participant

I see you made some changes 🙂 Nice!

inseromarketing
    Participant

Hi Alex,

I made a few changes after your suggestions and I think it looks much better, so thank you for that!

I am still working on making the page load times a bit better, but I managed to improve it substantially and I have actually seen an increase in the time people stay on my website now so it must have been a decent impact!

Do you have a website I could look at for you? It would be interesting to see how someone has done things completely differently.

Thanks again for your help and support. If you have any other bit your think need changing then please let me know and I will take a look into it. It’s always hard to spot the problems when its your baby!

Stu

Brendan
    Participant

Cool site. So you opted out of going responsive? On my iPhone it just loads to a giant green leaf (the logo graphic). I guess that’s okay because you can just zoom out. I am interested in why you went non-responsive though because I am just starting my site.

Also, how did you get the big arrows off of the slider?

Thanks. Good site. The green leaves background came out nice too. How did you get the right side brighter than the left?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Just thought I’d pop in to answer the technical questions:

– You can disable the slider’s arrows from Theme Options > Slider Settings, the last setting at the bottom is “Show navigation arrows: Yes/No”

– The background on this site is actually one big image (1920x1200px) which explains how it get different effects on the left and right side 😉

inseromarketing
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the feedback.

I opted out of responsive purely because I couldn’t get the video on the homepage to be responsive too, so when looking from a mobile device the video was huge and the page was tiny!

I tried a few plugins but just couldn’t get it working, so I left it unresponsive. Luckily, the work that I do means that most of my target audience are lodged behind desktops so the lack of responsive doesn’t damage me too much!

Thanks again Brendan, much appreciated 🙂

Stuart

CyrixInstead
    Participant

Queue Brendan’s tip on making the video responsive 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Website feedback please’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock