Using tablepress

Note about WordPress 5.0:
Our themes are compatible with WordPress 5.0. However not all functionality are guaranteed to work as expected with the new editor (Gutenberg) that comes with 5.0.

We highly recommend installing the Classic Editor plugin, which will bring back the usual editor if you run into any issue or just do not like the new editor.

An update to bring full compatibility with Gutenberg is being worked on, but has been postponed because of the recent fast-paced evolution of the Gutenberg project until WP 5.0 release. More info about the release of WordPress 5.0 announced on a short 2-days notice can be found here: New 5.0 Target Date.

Using tablepress

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phil 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Using tablepress

Phil
    Participant

Hi, Still using this fabulous theme after 5 years. I have just loaded tablepress App to use for my pages. However, whilst it looks great on a laptop or PC. The table size does not reduce when viewed on a tablet of smart phone. Any ideas how this can be made right? Before using tablepress, is simply copy and pasted the table from excel. But the same result with the right hand side of the table not visible. Hence trying tablepress. Thanks Phil

Reply to: Using tablepress

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, have you made any change since posting this question? On my end the table seems to resize properly to fit the screen size, including on mobile.

However the content is not quite visible as it’s essentially white on white or very light grey – but that’s an other issue!

Phil
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.
    Not made any changes except the colour of text. I did that using the CSS facility in the tablepress app. But that also changed the colour of the rest of the sites’ tables that do not use tablepress. So I had to change it back. The table does appear to fit. But there are two columns missing on the right.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Oh I see now, sorry about that I didn’t realise some parts were missing.

I’m afraid I can’t help much with the mobile version. This is down to how the plugin deals with resizing/adapting the table it generates on smaller screens. You could try to ask the plugin’s support ; hopefully they can help or point you in a better direction.

If you can get this sorted, here’s a quick Custom CSS to make it match the theme’s design, which will only affect tablepress tables. You can add it to Appearance > Theme Options > Code & CSS > Custom CSS:

.tablepress tfoot th,
    .tablepress thead th {
        background: black;
        color: white;
        border: none;
    }

.tablepress tbody tr td {
        border: none;
    }

.tablepress tbody tr.even td {
        background: #000;
    }

.tablepress tbody tr.odd td {
        background: #333;
    }

.tablepress .row-hover tr:hover td {
        background: #666;
    }

Phil
    Participant

That is brilliant, thanks you once again for such great support.

Phil
    Participant

I have found a way to horizontal scroll the table so it can be viewed. Which is a workable method. But using your code the text is still not visible. Thanks again

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Please try to move the code to the beginning of the Custom CSS box.
    If something is wrong in any part of the content of this box, then everything that comes after is ignored. This might be what is happening here.

Phil
    Participant

Brilliant that did the trick. Thanks again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe