Upgraded to Pro, now getting 404 errors on "some" of my pages

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Blackoot Pro Blackoot Pro Bug Reports Upgraded to Pro, now getting 404 errors on "some" of my pages

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Lowe 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mark Lowe
    Participant

I’ve had this site working for two years with the non-Pro version. I bought the new version to gain more customization. Immediately, my home page was erased. Second, I noticed that my entire Portfolio tree (see nav) reports 404 errors, while the other pages work fine. No changes, and nothing special about the construction of these pages.

Have a look:
    http://marklowe.com/

I’ve tried resaving all my settings by saving permalinks away, then back. Tried updating the pages with a fresh Update, but nothing helps.

Would appreciate any help.

Reply to: Upgraded to Pro, now getting 404 errors on "some" of my pages

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi,

I’m not sure what happened to the homepage; the theme does not affect any of the content so there is no way it has “erased” the homepage.
    However hopefully this can be fixed:
    – First of all go to Settings > Reading and make sure the correct page is set to be the front page.
    – Then go to the “edit” screen for this page; is it actually empty? If so then look for “revisions” in the “publish” box on the right; it should allow you to see and revert back to previous saves of the content.

Looking more closely at your homepage, it seems that the content was built using “visual composer” – which I would have recommended against in the first place as it is known to cause lots of issues.
    If the content/settings for this page in this plugin were somehow tied to the active theme, maybe you can retrieve them by switching back to the previous theme so you can copy them over to the pro version.
    (This is just a thought, I cannot provide support with this plugin. Alternatively you could contact VC’s support to ask about content being gone after switching themes)

The 404 errors should be an easy fix: by looking at your site I see that it affects the “portfolio” section.
    – To fix it, go to Appearance > Theme Options > Portfolio settings and look for the “Portfolio entries Slug”.
    – It is set to “portfolio” by default (which is conflicting with your post(s) or page(s) that are using this same slug).
    – Just change it to anything else and save changes.
    – You may also need to visit Settings > Permalinks and hit “save changes” once more for WordPress to review the permalink structure and it should fix it.

Reply to: Upgraded to Pro, now getting 404 errors on "some" of my pages

Mark Lowe
    Participant

Ty! That did the trick!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock