[UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.7 is More Responsive + supports WooCommerce + More

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Support [UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.7 is More Responsive + supports WooCommerce + More

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Version 1.7 is now available for BoldR Pro!

This new version is available to download in your customer area.

What’s new ?

New responsive grid: BoldR Pro now adapts “fluidly” and perfectly to any screen size.

WooCommerce support: BoldR Pro is now 100% compatible with WooCommerce!

New update system: This is the last version you will need to download from your customer area and manually install.
    All future updates will be pushed directly in your admin dashboard as long as you enter your license information in Theme Options > License. You will find your license key in your customer area

+ bugfixes, enhancements and features additions. See the full update log below:

Update Log:

View full changelog

Update FAQ (for BoldR Pro 1.6 users)

Where do I get BoldR Pro 1.7 ?

Every BoldR Pro customers can download the latest version from their customer area.

The previous versions are not available to download anymore to avoid confusion. Should you need one of them for any reason, please feel free to ask and it will be sent to you directly.

How to update to 1.7 ?

MAKE SURE TO MAKE AND KEEP A BACKUP OF YOUR SITE (files and database) BEFORE *ANY* UPDATE.

If anything goes wrong, you will be thankful that you did.

To use BoldR Pro 1.7, download, install and activate on your site just like a brand new theme.

This new version behaves like a new standalone theme, meaning that it will not actually update (and overwrite) the previous version currently installed on your site.
    So in case you have made some critical changes to the previous version of the theme, and/or if the update seems to break anything on your site, you will be able to switch back to the previous version with one click.

NOTE THAT THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE ANYMORE WITH THE NEW UPDATE SYSTEM IN 1.7.0.
    It is thus highly recommended that you do not make any change to theme files in version 1.7 and later as future updates will overwrite them and any changes will be lost.
    If you need to make advanced changes, please consider creating a child theme.

All your settings in Theme Options (especially Custom CSS) will be automatically saved and transferred.

You might need to check your menu locations and widgets, which should take just a minute.

If your widgets got kicked out from your sidebars, their setting are not lost!
    WP may have just moved them into the “Inactive Widgets” section, so you can just drag-n-drop them back where they belong.
    To find the inactive widgets, scroll down to the bottom of the Appearance > Widgets page.

After you activate version 1.7, if everything is fine you can get rid of the clutter in Appearance > Themes by deleting the previous versions.

I’m happy with my site right now, do I absolutely have to update ?

It is recommended that you consider updating, but you don’t *absolutely* have to.
    The previous versions are still compatible and work with 4.3.

If you are happy with your site right now and/or if you have made some important changes to the theme files and don’t want to spend some time on this, you don’t have to update.

Why did I not get an update notice in my dashboard ?

If you are currently using BoldR Pro 1.2.0 or greater, an update notice will pop in your admin dashboard. The built-in update checker only checks for new updates once every 12 hours (just like WordPress Core updates) to avoid unnecessary server load.

Why not providing updates directly from my WP dashboard, like these themes from the WPorg repository ?

There were several reasons to distribute “manual” updates this way until now.
    But things are changing and this is the last update you need to download and install manually. The next updates will be pushed directly in your dashboard using WordPress built-in update routines like themes and plugins from WPorg, which will also allow us to release smaller and more frequent updates.

To make sure only customers are granter access to updates, you will need to enter your personal license key in Theme Options > License Settings be be able to receive future updates.
    You will find your license key in your customer area.

The downside is that each automatic update pushed directly to your dashboard this way overwrites the previous version; so you’d better make sure to backup your site on a regular basis and especially before updating (this also applies to WordPress itself and any other themes and plugins by the way) in case things go wrong.

This also means that any change made to the theme starting with 1.7 will be lost during future updates with no switching back, it is thus recommended that you not only keep backups, but also that you do not make any change to the theme files. If you do need to make some changes, consider using a child theme instead.

I have decided not to update for now, how do I get rid of the update notice in my admin area ?

In BoldR Pro 1.6.0 and lesser:

Go to Appearance > Editor and edit functions.php.
    Scroll to the bottom and add this just before the last ?> tag:

remove_action('admin_notices', 'icefit_admin_notices');

This will disable the update notice so it won’t be displayed anymore.

I am using this theme to build a site for a client. Can I disable the update system so they won’t see the notice and call me at the minute an update is out or risk breaking their site ?

In BoldR Pro 1.6.0:

Add this at the end of functions.php:

remove_action('admin_notices', 'icefit_admin_notices');
    remove_action('admin_init', 'icefit_check_for_update');

In BoldR Pro 1.7:

Add this at the end of functions.php:

remove_action('after_setup_theme', 'icefit_updater_init');

This will completely disable the update system, removing the notice that asks to enter your license key as well as update check and update notices.

I think I have found a bug in the new version

Every effort is made to refine and test themes and updates before they are released, but some things just happen to go wrong!
    Please open a new thread to report the issue in BoldR Pro Bug Reports so it can be patched in the next update, and chances are that you will get an instant fix directly from support.

I have another question.

Please open a new thread in the appropriate support section of the BoldR Pro forums.

Reply to: [UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.7 is More Responsive + supports WooCommerce + More

thomasmaurer
    Participant

cool thanks!

Reply to: [UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.7 is More Responsive + supports WooCommerce + More

girishkalele
    Participant

Hello. Thank you for adding this feature, which I had requested earlier – * ENHANCED: Testimonials now support categories. Appreciate it

Girish

Dave
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

@Dave: If you already have version 1.7.0 or higher, you don’t need to manually download and install the update anymore. Just make sure your license key is correctly entered in Theme Options > License Settings and then go to Dashboard > Updates, the newest version (currently 1.7.3) should be in the list of available theme updates, and you can simply check the checkbox and clik update now to let WP
    handle the update automatically.

However if you need to install the theme manually and keep getting this error for any reason, what you can do is access your site via FTP and delete the “boldr-pro” folder from the /wp-content/themes/ directory. This will get rid of this error and it will then let you install it.
    (Please make sure to backup your site before doing this though!)

And if you are still stuck and need any more help, please feel free to open a new thread in the support section and I’ll make sure to help you sort this out!

Florian
    Participant

I’m on 1.7.1 and entered my license settings. But 1.7.3 isn’t available for update. Maybe a problem with WordPress multisite?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

@florian: Unfortunately the built-in updater doesn’t seem to play well with WP Multisite, you may need to download the update from your account and upload it via FTP.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘[UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.7 is More Responsive + supports WooCommerce + More’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock