[UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.6.0 now available! (WordPress 4.0 ready)

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Support [UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.6.0 now available! (WordPress 4.0 ready)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 3 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Version 1.6.0 is now available for BoldR Pro!

This new version is available to download in your customer area.

What’s new ?

Compatibility update for WordPress 4.0: BoldR Pro 1.6.0 works with versions from WordPress 3.5 to WordPress 4.0.
    New: Wider 1240px mode (In theme options > Main settings), try it out!
    New: Two columns blog layout
    New: Dual sidebar (left + right) option
    New: Full width (no sidebar) option for the blog

+ bugfixes, enhancements and features additions. See the full update log below:

Update Log:

Date: 2014-09-03
    Version: 1.6.0
    Basename: boldr-pro.1.6.0

* TESTED with WP 4.0 (RC1)
    * ADDED: 1240px wide mode
    * ADDED: Dual sidebar mode
    * ADDED: Full width blog mode (no sidebar)
    * ADDED: Two columns blog layout
    * ADDED: Option to change the default post thumbnail (featured image) size
    * ADDED: Single posts: option to display previous/next link only below post, below comments or both
    * ADDED: Option to disable prettyPhoto in Theme Options > Misc
    * ADDED: Partial translations (adapated from user-contributed translations for BoldR Lite) for Russian (ru_RU), Spanish (es_ES), Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) and Polish (pl_PL) - See info in /languages/README.txt
    * UPDATED: 650 Google Webfont available (21 new fonts: Alegreya Sans, Alegreya Sans SC, Ek Mukta, Exo 2, Fira Mono, Fira Sans, Halant, Hind, Kalam, Karma, Khand, Laila, Rajdhani, Rozha One, Rubik Mono One, Rubik One, Slabo 13px, Slabo 27px, Source Serif Pro, Teko, Vesper Libre)
    * UPDATED: (under the hood) Blog layout markup for more flexibility
    * UPDATED: (under the hood) CSS for footer columns layout
    * UPDATED: Icefit Blog Posts widget now uses date format from Settings > General.
    * UPDATED: Slider caption and arrows become slightly smaller on mobile
    * UPDATED: POT file for translations
    * UPDATED: Full french (fr_FR) translation for BoldR Pro 1.6
    * UPDATED: Optimized image compression for all images included in the theme
    * FIXED: CSS inconsistency accross browsers in slider
    * FIXED: Update checker will timeout instead of slowing down admin area in the event the main server is down
    * FIXED: Compatibility with TinyMCE editor in WP 4.0

The complete change log for previous versions is available as changelog.txt within the theme files.

Update FAQ

Where do I get BoldR Pro 1.6.0 ?

Every BoldR Pro customers can download the latest version from their customer area.

The previous versions are not available to download anymore to avoid confusion. Should you need one of them for any reason, please feel free to ask and it will be sent to you directly.

How to update to 1.6.0 ?

MAKE SURE TO MAKE AND KEEP A BACKUP OF YOUR SITE (files and database) BEFORE *ANY* UPDATE.
    If anything goes wrong, you will be thankful that you did.

To use BoldR Pro 1.6.0, download, install and activate on your site just like a brand new theme.

This new version behaves like a new standalone theme, meaning that it will not actually update (and overwrite) the previous version currently installed on your site.
    So in case you have made some critical changes to the theme, and/or if the update seems to break anything on your site, you will be able to switch back to the previous version with one click.

All your settings in Theme Options (especially Custom CSS) will be automatically saved and transferred.

You might need to check your menu locations and widgets, which should take just a minute.

If your widgets got kicked out from your sidebars, their setting are not lost!
    WP have just moved them into the “Inactive Widgets” section, so you can just drag-n-drop them back where they belong.

I’m happy with my site right now, do I absolutely have to update ?

It is recommended that you consider updating, but you don’t *absolutely have to*.
    The previous versions are still compatible and work with 4.0 (except for the visual shortcodes in the backend).

If you are happy with your site right now and/or if you have made some important changes to the theme files and don’t want to spend some time on this, you don’t have to update.

Note that if you update WordPress to 4.0 and keep BoldR Pro 1.5 or lesser, the visual shortcodes will not work anymore (this only affects this back-end though, not the front-end).

Why did I not get an update notice in my dashboard ?

If you are currently using BoldR Pro 1.2.0 or greater, an update notice will popup in your admin dashboard. The built-in update checker only checks for new updates once every 12 hours (just like WordPress Core updates) to avoid unnecessary server load.

Why not providing updates directly from my WP dashboard, like regular themes from the WPorg repository ?

This is a deliberate choice, and here are the two main reasons:
    – As explained above, in case anything goes wrong, you can quickly and easily switch back to the previous version – Automatic updates overwrite previous files and make it impossible.
    – This method ensures that the updated version is available exclusively to honest and valued customers, as it can only be downloaded from your member area on iceablethemes.com.
    Piracy may not kill major studios, but it does hurt small businesses.

I have decided not to update, how do I get rid of the update notice in my admin area ?

Go to Appearance > Editor and edit functions.php.
    Scroll to the bottom and add this just before the last ?> tag:

remove_action('admin_notices', 'icefit_admin_notices');

This will disable the update notice so it won’t be displayed anymore.

I am using this theme to build a site for a client. Can I disable the update checker so they won’t see the notice and call me at the minute an update is out ?

The code just above will prevent the notice from being displayed, but you can go further and completely disable the update checker. If the notice is disabled, there is no need to check for updates every day anyway. In addition to the line above, also place this line at the end of functions.php:

remove_action('admin_init', 'icefit_check_for_update');

I think I have found a bug in the new version

Every effort is made to refine and test themes and updates before they are released, but some things just happen to go wrong!
    Please open a new thread to report the issue in BoldR Pro Bug Reports so it can be patched in the next update, and chances are that you will get an instant fix directly from support.

I have another question.

Please open a new thread in the appropriate support section of the BoldR Pro forums.

Reply to: [UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.6.0 now available! (WordPress 4.0 ready)

stemonga
    Participant

Hi, great! Is there any update for WooCommerce integrations as well?

Thanks

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, you can use the same woocommerce.php file as with the previous version, it should work just as well.

stemonga
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Sandy
    Participant

when i upload the new zip, i get an error saying folder already exists. also, do i need to do anything different if i am using a child theme?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi Sandy, you get this error because you have already installed this version.

If you need to re-install version 1.6, you can go to Appearance > Themes, find BoldR Pro 1.6 in the list and delete it, this will delete its folder and allow you to re-install it.
    If a previous install failed (the folder was created but version 1.6 does not appear in your wp-admin), you can access the /wp-content/themes/ folder via FTP or FileManager to delete /boldr-pro.1.6.0/

Lastly, if you are using a child theme, you can just upload and install the latest version as normal, and update your child theme style.css: the “template” should be boldr-pro.1.6.0.

A basic style.css header for a child theme should look something like:

/*
     Theme Name:   BoldR Pro 1.6 Child
     Description:  BoldR Pro Child Theme
     Author:       John Doe
     Author URI:   http://example.com
     Template:     boldr-pro.1.6.0
     Version:      1.0.0
     License:      GNU General Public License v2 or later
     License URI:  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
     Text Domain:  boldr-child
    */
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘[UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.6.0 now available! (WordPress 4.0 ready)’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock