[UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.4.0 is now available!

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Support [UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.4.0 is now available!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Announcement: version 1.4.0 is now available for BoldR Pro!

This new version is available to download in your customer area.

What’s new ?

A few bugfixes, enhancements and features additions based on what happened on the forums recently, including some really cool ones you will like:

• Video support for the slider: You can now create “slides” with Youtube or Vimeo videos!
    • A new jQuery powered mobile menu. The old dropdown responsive menu is still there by default, go to Theme Options > Navbar Layout to activate the new jQuery mobile menu and give it a try!
    • Blogposts and portfolio shortcodes have new grid modes, which you can use instead of the default carousel.

…and much more! See the full update log below:

Update Log:

Date: 2013-12-03
    Version: 1.4.0
    Basename: boldr-pro.1.4.0

* ADDED: New jQuery mobile menu option for responsive mode (activated in "Navbar Layout")
    * ADDED: Support for videos in the slider (youtube and vimeo)
    * ADDED: Support for Jetpack's tiled gallery (Enabled in Theme Options > Misc)
    * ADDED: Sub-items indentation in responsive dropdown menu
    * ADDED: Links color options for sidebar footer widgets
    * ADDED: Sub footer font size setting
    * ADDED: Option to display tags on blog index
    * ADDED: Pagination support for pages (using WP's <!--nextpage--> quicktag)
    * ADDED: Full width slider option
    * ADDED: Icefit Blogposts widget: Carousel mode
    * ADDED: Icefit Portfolio widget: Carousel mode
    * ADDED: Categories for features
    * ADDED: Delay setting for auto sliding carousels (in Theme Options > Misc)
    * ADDED: New grid mode for blogposts shortcode
    * ADDED: New grid mode for portfolio shortcode
    * ADDED: Single portfolio: options for "related" section display mode (carousel/grid)
    * ADDED: Manage footer widgets by row or columns (allows vertical stacking)
    * FIXED: Removing empty "reply" box from comments that can't be replied
    * FIXED: Partners shortcode and widget correctly pulls all entries
    * FIXED: Minor bug in single-icf_portfolio.php ($the_id was defined in a conditional)
    * FIXED: Rare untranslatable strings in the back-end
    * FIXED: Featured images sizes for pages in responsive mode
    * FIXED: Icefit blogposts widget: left-margin for long titles (edge case)
    * FIXED: Testimonial shortcode correctly pulls all entries
    * FIXED: Partners shortcode and widget correctly pulls all entries
    * FIXED: Footer widget width on mobile
    * FIXED: Icefit Blogposts (widget and shortcode): date use from user settings format
    * FIXED: Dropdown (<select>) display bug in Firefox
    * ENHANCED: Post contents width for mobile
    * ENHANCED: Features and partners URL: backend reminder to use full URLs (starting with http)
    * ENHANCED: Navbar "Left + Search" setting: The search field stays under the menu in mobile mode
    * ENHANCED: Automatically scroll up to the top of accordion when opening, if needed
    * ENHANCED: Font selector dropdowns are easier to navigate: open the dropdown and start to type a font name to find it quickly
    * ENHANCED: Reviewed and corrected portfolio carousel sizes
    * ENHANCED: Consolidated main slider code and moved to a separate template file (slider.php)
    * ENHANCED: Visual editor styling
    * ENHANCED: Changed license to GPLv2 for better licensing compatibility with WordPress
    * UPDATED: Google webfonts list now contains 629 fonts (was 617). New fonts include: Alef, Fauna One, Gabriela, Lily Script One, Merriweather Sans, Noto Sans, Noto Serif, Pathway Gothic One, Patrick Hand SC, Roboto Slab, Sintony, Tauri.

Previous update logs

BoldR Pro 1.3.0
    BoldR Pro 1.2.0
    BoldR Pro 1.1.0

Update FAQ

Where do I get BoldR Pro 1.4.0 ?

Every customer who have bought BoldR Pro can download the latest version from their customer area.
    To avoid any confusion for new customers, the previous versions are not available to download anymore. Should you need one of them for any reason, please feel free to ask and it will be sent to you directly.

How to update to 1.4.0 ?

As usual, this new version behaves like a new standalone theme, meaning that it will not actually update (and overwrite) the previous version currently installed on your site.

Download, install and activate on your site just like a brand new theme.

Note that all your settings in Theme Options (especially Custom CSS) will be automatically saved and transferred.
    Though it doesn’t hurt backing up your site just like before any update – just in case.

The convenience of this updating method is that, in case you have made some critical changes to the theme, and/or if the update seems to break anything on your site, you will be able to switch back to the previous version with one click.

Depending on WordPress’ good will, you might need to check your menu locations and widgets, which should take just a minute.
    If your widgets got kicked out from your sidebars, their setting are not lost! WP have just moved them into the “Inactive Widgets” box at the bottom-left, so you can just drag-n-drop them back where they belong.

Why not providing updates directly from my WP dashboard, like regular themes from the WPorg repository ?

This is a deliberate choice, mainly based on two reasons:
    – The first one is explained just above, in case anything goes wrong, you can quickly and easily switch back to the previous version – which is not this easy with automatic updates.
    – The second is that this method ensures that the updated version is available exclusively to our valued customers, as it can only be downloaded from your member area on iceablethemes.com.

Piracy may not kill major studios, but it does hurt small businesses.

Why did I not get an update notice in my dashboard ?

If you are currently using BoldR Pro 1.2.0 or greater, an update notice will popup in your admin dashboard. The built-in update checker only checks for new updates once every 12 hours (just like WordPress Core updates) to avoid unnecessary server load.

I’m happy with my site right now, do I absolutely have to update ?

Although it is recommended that you consider updating, no, you don’t have to.
    There is no critical compatibility or security patches in this update, and the previous versions are still compatible with the current latest WP version (3.7.1)
    So if you are happy with your site right now, or if you have made some important changes to the theme files and don’t want to spend some time on this, you don’t *have to* update now.

I have decided not to update, how do I get rid of the update notice in my admin area ?

Go to Appearance > Editor and edit functions.php.
    Scroll to the bottom and add this just before the last ?> tag:

remove_action('admin_notices', 'icefit_admin_notices');

This will disable the update notice so it won’t be displayed anymore.

I am using this theme to build a site for a client. Can I disable the update checker so they won’t see the notice and call me at the minute the next update is out ?

The code just above will prevent the notice from being displayed, but you can go further and completely disable the update checker. If the notice is disabled, there is no need to check for updates every day anyway!
    You can place this additional line at the end of functions.php to do so:

remove_action('admin_init', 'icefit_check_for_update');

I think I have found a bug in the new version

Every effort is made to refine and test themes before they are released, but some things just happen to go wrong!
    Please open a new thread to report the issue in the appropriate section so it can be patched in the next update, and chances are that you will get an instant fix directly from support.

I have another question.

If your question is directly related to this update, please feel free to ask below.
    For any other question, please help keep this forum tidy and create your own thread in the appropriate section.

Reply to: [UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.4.0 is now available!

robrab2000
    Participant

Hi MR
    Keymaster,

I’m excited for the new update. it looks fantastic! However, I just wanted to check first: I have quite a few customizations and a lot of custom css: should I go ahead with the update, or change anything in my code first?
    Will it just all work together with the new changes?

Thank You πŸ™‚

talk2angelsoria
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

@robrab2000: Your site is indeed an edge case since we have made some heavy customizations in the theme. I think most of the CSS should be fine (maybe one or two adjustments needed but probably not much), but the changes made in the template files will need to be re-done in the new version if you decide to update it.

Of course, feel free to open a new thread and I’ll make sure to help you with the process if you need assistance!

@talk2angelsoria: The only file you need is boldr-pro.1.4.0.zip, available to download from your account. (The other files are translations for other languages).
    Just like for a new theme, and as you did when you first downloaded it, you simply:
    – Download the file to your computer (you don’t even need to unzip it)
    – Go to your WP-admin > Appearance > Themes > Install theme > Upload
    – Choose the zip file from your computer (boldr-pro.1.4.0.zip), upload and activate!

And feel free to start a new thread if you run into any issue or need any help πŸ˜‰

Zircondent
    Participant

Hi,
    I want to update the boldr-pro.1.4.0.,and i did like for a new theme:
    – Download the file to your computer (you don’t even need to unzip it)
    – Go to your WP-admin > Appearance > Themes > Install theme > Upload
    – Choose the zip file from your computer (boldr-pro.1.4.0.zip), upload and activate!
    but is not working,please help !!!!!
    Bad Request
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

@zircondent this issue can have many causes, but hopefully there is always a way to fix it.

– Make sure WordPress is up to date (latest version is 3.7.1)
    – Try to redownload the zip file from your account in case it got corrupted during download, and try again
    – There might be a file permission issue on your server. Via FTP, make sure /wp-content/ and wp-content/themes/ are set to chmod 0775, or:
    – Alternatively try to install the theme via FTP or cPanel:
    Unzip the zip file and upload the folder “boldr-pro.1.4.0” under /wp-contents/themes/.
    Then login to your dashboard and the theme should be there in Appearance > Themes.

If you still have troubles feel free to ask and I’ll try the best to further help πŸ™‚

stemonga
    Participant

Great! Good job!
    I like it especially the mobile feature.(is it even faster??)
    Can I make the jQuery menu sticky on mobile?

Or even an “up” button to go at the top of the page?

Thanks

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Glad you like it! (without bragging too much about it, I do find this new mobile menu pretty cool πŸ™‚ )

As you know already the “sticky on scroll” navbar is restricted on mobile because it is not supported by mobile browsers, so unfortunately the jquery menu will only stay at the top of the window with “sticky only” settings, not “sticky on scroll”.

As for an “up” button, there are quite a few plugins out there to add it easily.
    Though I would question the usefulness of this on mobile: considering the screens are already small, is it necessary to occupy some screen-space with this button when simply swiping your finger makes you easily scroll to the top ?

salzzy
    Participant

Hi
    I have just updated from the BoldR Lite version to the pro 1.4 – Unfortunately it has wiped out my access to the themes admin section http://www.riponcycling.co.uk/wp-admin/themes.php I just get a blank page…. This also applies to the forum area http://www.riponcycling.co.uk/cafe
    It has marginally altered the originally customised theme by replacing all menu items with the default ones as well. So, loads of work to put it right. (previous format enclosed) However I am concerned that I am unable to view/edit the WP themes section, which means that I cannot return to the lite theme or change for any other now…
    Using WP 3.8
    Any suggestions please?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

@salzzy: This doesn’t sound right at all and is probably caused either by a conflict with third-party plugin, or something went wrong during the install. Here is what you can do to hopefully fix it quickly:

– Try to disable any currently activated plugin. If this fixes the issue (i.e. you can now see the theme admin section correctly) then a plugin was the issue. In this case re-activate them one by one so you will know which one was responsible.

– In case something went wrong during install (i.e. a file got corrupted when you uploaded and installed the theme) you can also force-disable and delete the theme via FTP. Access the /wp-content/themes/ folder of your WordPress install and delete the theme (boldr-pro.1.4.0). Once the theme is deleted, WordPress won’t be able to find it and will automatically revert back to the default theme.
    You can then try to re-install the theme as normal.

If you are still in trouble after trying these then please feel free to open another thread and I’ll make sure to help you further in troubleshooting this issue.

Just one more note about:

It has marginally altered the originally customised theme by replacing all menu items with the default ones as well.

This is a normal WordPress behavior when switching themes, as explained in the FAQ above. WordPress reverted back to the default menu, but your custom menu isn’t lost, it is still available from Appearance > Menus. You just need to go there and select your custom menu in the “Theme Location” section.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘[UPDATE] BoldR Pro 1.4.0 is now available!’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock