Title Font Size

Title Font Size

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kluane 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Title Font Size

Kluane
    Participant

I would like to be able to increase the size of the title font. How can I do this in a way that will not be over-written by future theme updates?

Reply to: Title Font Size

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

The most straight forward way to do this is to add your custom css rule in style.css, but this will indeed be overwritten by the next update.

2 possible ways are:
    – Create a child-theme to add you custom CSS rules, so it will not be affected by updates (info at https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes). A child theme can be as simple as just a style.css file.
    – Or use a third party plugin. This one for example allow for many text related style changes: https://wordpress.org/plugins/font/

If you are going the CSS way and are unsure about the rule you need, please let me know what title you want to change exactly: is it the main site’s title, titles of static pages or post’s titles ?

Kluane
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt response! It is the main site title that appears at the top of each page that I am wanting to change. I’ll likely go the CSS way… Also, the tag line does not display. Any idea why that might be happening (or not happening!)?

Thanks!

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

This is the default font-size for the site title:

#logo .site-title { font-size: 23px; }

You can copy this line and change the value as desired.
    (As noted above, either place it in style.css or the the style.css file of a child-theme.)

The tagline is not implemented on the front end in this theme, it only appears in the <title> tag (so you should see it in the tab’s title of your browser).

Kluane
    Participant

Perfect. Thanks for the help. That’s exactly what I was wanting to accomplish.

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Title Font Size’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock