tagline bold

tagline bold

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tagline bold

Koen
    Participant

Hi Mathieu,

Two little questions:
    – How do I set the tagline into the bold or black variety of a font?

– How do I select testimonials in a page (not in a widget, that one is clear)?
    See this page (now containing both long and shortened testimonials):
    http://www.taalspiegel.nl/wordpress/cursisten-over-maaike/

best regards from a sunny Amsterdam (snow is melting fast).
    Koen

Reply to: tagline bold

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi Koen,

Here’s a simple CSS snippet for the tagline:

#tagline {
        font-weight: bold;
        font-style: italic;
    }

Both “bold” and “italic” can be changed to “normal” in this code if desired.

Note that “black” is not actually a font weight, it is actually a different font (you’ll find “black” versions of some fonts in the font selection list next to their default versions when available).

For the testimonial shortcode, it seems that there is a glitch in the visual shortcode so you cannot see the option to select a category. Thanks for pointing it out, this shall be fixed in the next revision!

In the meantime, you should still be able to select a category for your shortcode manually: switch the editor to “text” mode and add the cat attribute to the shortcode with the category slug, like so:

[testimonials title="Testimonials" col="full-width" cat="my-category"]

The category slug is usually the name of the category in lowercase with dashes instead of spaces; so if the category is “My Category”, the slug will be “my-category”.

Koen
    Participant

OK, great, this helps.
    Strange though: I left out the ‘font-style: italic’ bit in the CSS on the tagline. But it still displays Italic. Any clue?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Yes, it is already set to be italic by default; if you don’t want it in italic, make sure to include “font-style: normal” in the snippet like so:

#tagline {
        font-weight: bold;
        font-style: normal;
    }

jefffoster
    Participant

I am trying to use taglines provided by this source [link redacted], but my tagline is more than 5 words to be included in the headings underneath the brand and logo name. Is is possible to have that tagline long?

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  iceable. Reason: Redacted irrelevant link. This forum is not a FFA link dropping area

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

@jefffoster if this is a genuine question and you are actually using this theme, please start your own thread and mention your site’s URL so I can see your current setting and give you a better answer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘tagline bold’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock