tabs in text editor

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Wortex Pro Wortex Pro Support tabs in text editor

tabs in text editor

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Koen 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tabs in text editor

Koen
    Participant

Dear Mathieu,

Can you help me out with a simple text editing issue?
    I’m trying to structure a biography, but without tabs this does not look good.
    I’ve tried some html codes I found on a forum, but they don’t work as aspected.
    E.g.

some text with tabs

does work, but seems to switch of the paragraph style altogether (see bottom of page in link).
    I do not mean “Tabbed content”, just a way to insert space between a year and a text line.
    Hope to hear from you,
    best regards, Koen

Reply to: tabs in text editor

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi Koen,

Emulating tabs in HTML can be tricky, but using non-breakable spaces is a pretty reliable alternative.
    The HTML code is:

Each one does not create a very large space, but you can add as many as you need, for example:

1967   born in ...

There are also other solutions using either HTML tables or CSS, but these are a bit more involved and require quite a bit more code. Hopefully, simply nbsp’s will be enough to do the trick!

Reply to: tabs in text editor

Koen
    Participant

Thanks, that looks better.
    Strange though that the HTML codes disappear in the text editor after publishing the page. So much more to learn…

best regards from Amsterdam,
    koen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘tabs in text editor’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock