Sub item text size and Social media relocation

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Blackoot Pro Blackoot Pro Support Sub item text size and Social media relocation

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Maksim Burak
    Participant

Hello.

Can help me to change the text size only for sub items in Menu?

Also, is there a way to move Social Media widget below?

And the last question: is there a way to change social media icons? I really want to switch from color to black and white.

Reply to: Sub item text size and Social media relocation

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi,

– Please paste the following code in Appearance > Theme Options > Code & CSS > Custom CSS:

/* Adjust sub-menu items size */
    #navbar .sub-menu li a {
        font-size: 16px;
        line-height: 160%;
    }

This allows you to change the font size for the sub-menus. I set it to 16px in this example, feel free to change it as you wish.

– Moving social media icons exactly where you pointed is possible but will require a child theme. I’m attaching a pre-made one with this change included, just download it and install/activate it like a new theme (Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload).
    This child theme adds social media icons automatically below the footer menu on the bottom right, so you can remove the social media widget you placed in the footer (you can remove it from Appearance > Widgets).

– To change the icons color, paste this in Appearance > Theme Options > Code & CSS > Custom CSS (after the code you already have there):

/* Change social media icons colors */
    .socialmedia-wrap .fa-stack-1x {
        color: #000000 !important; /* Color for the icons */
    }
    .socialmedia-wrap .fa-stack-2x {
        color: #ffffff !important; /* Color for the rounded square background of each icon */
    }

This example will make each icon black on a white square, you can also switch the colors to have white icons (and make the squares black so it blends in the footer background), or change the color codes to anything else!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Maksim Burak
    Participant

Thank you so much!

Maksim Burak
    Participant

One more question. Is there a simple way to make header image into a clickable link to home?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

The easiest way without messing with any code would be to use the slider: if you setup the slider with only one image, it will behave exactly like a header image (except slide images can be set with a link url to be clickable)

Have a look at this page (steps 1, 2a and 2b) for info on how to setup the slider: https://www.iceablethemes.com/documentation/setting-up-and-activating-the-slider/

In step 1, create just one slide with your header image, and set the URL you want to link to as “Link” in the “Slide settings” box and you should be sorted in a minute!

Maksim Burak
    Participant

Wow. That was easy. Thanks again!

Maksim Burak
    Participant

Hello again. Can you please explain to me how to change the width of the sub-menu? I want it to be a little bit bigger than sub-item text:

Now there is this ugly empty space on the right 🙁

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Sure, add this to to Appearance > Theme Options > Code & CSS > Custom CSS and change the value as desired:

/* Sub-menu wrapper width */
    #navbar ul li ul {
    	width: 250px;
    }

250px is the default value, you can reduce it to any value but make sureyou don’t reduce it too much otherwise your sub-menu items will spplit on multiple lines!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock