- March 29, 2016 at 10:31 am #16818MarcelMarch 29, 2016 at 10:31 amSplit: Support On Main Page?
Hello, I have a problem displaying the main page. Customize the home page as static, but the next day is displayed instead of the home page blog page. And in the settings disappears option to customize the home page as a static. Blog page is not displayed anywhere in my created pages, so I can not even delete or otherwise modify.
I tried to reset wordpress, one day it was fine, but the next day disappeared again able to set the home page as a static and reappeared blog page.March 29, 2016 at 12:04 pm #16820Mathieu SarrasinMarch 29, 2016 at 12:04 pmReply to: Split: Support On Main Page?
Mathieu SarrasinKeymasterSupportHappy with my help?
Buy me a beer!
I moved this reply to a new thread in the General section since it doesn’t seem to be relevant to the other topic, nor specific to this theme as these are WordPress core settings.
If I understand correctly, you have correctly set a static page to be the homepage, and another page to be the blog (“page for posts”) in Settings > Reading, and this was working fine until this setting was reset for apparently no reason; is this correct?
WordPress settings cannot change by themselves overnight, which leaves only two plausible possibilities:
– either one of your plugins is dealing with these settings
– or someone has an admin access to your site and did make this change
Considering this I suggest you do the following:
– Carefully review every plugin installed on your site (and consider disabling any plugin that is not actually useful).
– If anyone else than you has an admin access to your site (you can see all admin users in the “Users” section of your dashboard), make sure they didn’t make the change – maybe unintentionally – or consider removing their access.
– Consider changing your own password in case someone is using it to logging to your dashboard and messes with your site and settings.March 29, 2016 at 12:08 pm #16821
The topic ‘Split: Support On Main Page?’ is closed to new replies.