Soundcloud Button in Social Media

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Feedback and Suggestions Soundcloud Button in Social Media

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Oliver
    Participant

Hi there
    It would be great if you could ad Soundcloud to the social media section.
    Cheers – Oliver

Reply to: Soundcloud Button in Social Media

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi,

Soundcloud is not in the list by default but good news is that it should be possible to have it with a quick tweak, by simply using another entry you are not using on your site and replacing its icon with soundcloud’s one.

So let’s say you are not using stumbleupon (this is a random pick, this can be done with any of them):

1. Put your soundcloud URL in the stumbleupon field, so you already have your link on the front end with the stumbleupon icon and color.

2. Download this icon (right click > save as); it may look blank because it is actually a very light grey icon without background; but this is a soundcloud icon that should fit well with other boldr’s social buttons:

3. Upload this icon to your site’s media libray. From wp-admin, go to Media > Add New. Then upload this icon and when upload is complete click “edit”. Then look for the “file URL” provided in the “save” box on the right and copy it.

4. Paste this into Appearance > Theme Options > Main Settings > Custom CSS, and replace the ICON_URL with the actual icon url you got from the previous step:

.socialmedia-widget-wrap a.stumbleupon { background-image: url('ICON_URL'); }
    .stumbleupon { border-bottom-color: #ff7700; background-position: 0; }
    .stumbleupon:hover { background-color: #ff7700 !important; }

And there you go, the stumbleupon icon becomes a soundcloud icon (with the soundcloud’s color as well)!

Let me know if anything goes wrong or if you get stuck at any point and I’ll make sure to help you sort it out.

Reply to: Soundcloud Button in Social Media

Oliver
    Participant

Hi
    Perfect workaround. Thank you so much.
    Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards.
    Oliver

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Soundcloud Button in Social Media’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock