Site for musicians

Note about WordPress 5.0:
Our themes are compatible with WordPress 5.0. However not all functionality are guaranteed to work as expected with the new editor (Gutenberg) that comes with 5.0.

We highly recommend installing the Classic Editor plugin, which will bring back the usual editor if you run into any issue or just do not like the new editor.

An update to bring full compatibility with Gutenberg is being worked on, but has been postponed because of the recent fast-paced evolution of the Gutenberg project until WP 5.0 release. More info about the release of WordPress 5.0 announced on a short 2-days notice can be found here: New 5.0 Target Date.

Site for musicians

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jay Cook 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Site for musicians

Jay Cook
    Participant

Hi! I have the Blackoot Lite for a band I’m in – it works great! I want to create a new site for my solo music work, but I don’t want it to necessarily have the same theme as my band. Are there other themes of yours that you recommend for musicians? The flurry pack might be the best way to go, to test others out, unless you have other suggestions – thanks!

Reply to: Site for musicians

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hey Jay,

Thanks for the feedback and kind words!

Of our themes I think Blackoot is probably the one I’d pick first for a musician/band website. BoldR would be a close second as it very versatile, though others might also work depending on musician/band’s personality and the desired look and feel.

There are lite (free) versions of each themes. Of course they don’t have as many options and possibilities for easy customisations as the “pro” ones, but they are a great way to try the design. Not to mention they are fully functional to even use as-is!

I would recommend you give them a try first while building your site to see how your content fits in them and see what looks good with your work ; and then consider getting pro version(s) if/when you want to get the additional settings and functionalities.

Jay Cook
    Participant

Thank you!

Jay Cook
    Participant

Hi iceable,

Just wondering if anyone else is having troubles publishing on Blackoot Pro, and if I should be using a different version of WordPress (I currently have 5.2.2). It seems like it didn’t like me uploading a banner photo, for whatever reason. I clicked on “publish” after uploading it to the “Customize theme” page, and then it takes it’s time, eventually saying “there was a problem publishing your changes”. I close the page and try to reopen, but I get this message attached…I tried opening in Chrome as well, but I get the same message. Hopefully it will reset itself again, like it did yesterday… Would you suggest disabling all my plugins before trying to publish/upload something? http://www.jafala.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi Jay,

There is no such known issue with the theme ; so at first sight I would say something might be wrong with your WordPress install or hosting server.

I would definitely try to disable all plugins and see if it helps.

Though you may also try with one of WordPress default themes (like twenty nineteen) just in case there is indeed something wrong with this theme ; please let me know if this is the case and I’ll try to investigate.

Jay Cook
    Participant

Thanks iceable,

I disabled all my plugins and now it works fine! Now, just need to find which plugin is the culprit 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe