- April 17, 2014 at 9:45 pm #7416mjbodeauApril 17, 2014 at 9:45 pmsite down unexpected @end error – pls help
I went to my site and it’s down – I see this error both if I go to the user site AND if I try to get in to my dashboard. (godaddy – my host – and wordpress – appears to have been able to complete the update to WP3.9)
I can’t seem to get in anywhere to fix it or edit any files!
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/71/12127871/html/wp-includes/post.php on line 2630
April 18, 2014 at 10:32 am #7423iceableApril 18, 2014 at 10:32 amReply to: site down unexpected @end error – pls help
- This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by iceable. Reason: Moved to General WP section
iceableKeymasterSupportHappy with my help?
Buy me a beer!
I’m moving this thread to General WordPress Help since this is completely unrelated to the theme.
The error: “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in […]/html/wp-includes/post.php on line 2630” tells that this file (which is part of WordPress Core) is incomplete; which most probably has been caused by a failure during the WordPress core update.
Fixing it is pretty quick (a bit technical but not that complicated):
– First make a backup of your own content, that is your MySQL database, and the /wp-content/ directory of your site. (These alone are enough to re-create everything on a fresh install if anything goes wrong).
– Download the full WordPress core package from http://wordpress.org/download/
– Unzip it on your computer.
– Access your site via FTP and go to the root of your WordPress install
– Replace everything (except the /wp-content/ directory) with the fresh WordPress core files you have just downloaded.
You own content, themes and plugins are stored in the /wp-content/ folder and your MySQL database, this is why you need to NOT replace the /wp-content/ directory.
The above steps basically re-install all WordPress Core files (everything except /wp-content/ is WordPress Core and is independent from your own settings and contents, so you can safely replace these broken files on your site with a fresh copy).
If you are unsure or don’t feel comfortable with any of these steps, you should get help from a professional (or a savvy friend). Also, feel free to ask if you need any more help.
The topic ‘site down unexpected @end error – pls help’ is closed to new replies.