several portfolio pages under one main page

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Wortex Pro Wortex Pro Support several portfolio pages under one main page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Koen 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Koen
    Participant

Hi Mathieu,

How do I create several portfolio pages under one main page in the menu?
    I can not arrange these portfolio pages in the menu, so how can i make this work?
    For this sculpturers site i have set up a menu with regular pages.
    But as we are working on it, it turns out that we would rather have portfolio pages sorting under several main menu entries. I hope you get what i mean.
    I guess I have to use different main portfolio pages, which would be on top of other portfolio pages. E.g. main = sculptures, sub 1 = torsos, sub 2 = Busts, sub 3 = Eddies etc. etc. And then the same structure for “Work on Paper” and “Photography”. What do i enter in the Portfolio setting to make this work (see screendump)?
    Hope to hear from you,
    best regards from a sunny but cold Amsterdam.
    Koen

PS For the galleries I have tried out Next Gen and Envira, but i think Foo Galleries matches best fort this one.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Reply to: several portfolio pages under one main page

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi Koen,

The “portfolio” page template is meant to be used on one single page, and will display everything at once (with dynamic filters you can click on) so you cannot use it that way.

However to achieve the structure you described you can use regular pages instead, and just insert one portfolio shortcode into each.
    The shortcode allows to create a grid with only one category if desired:

So basically, make sure to assign the correct categories to each entries (for example, a “torso” entry will have the “scultpure” and “torso” categories so it will show up on both relevant pages), and then you can create all of your pages/subpages with this shortcode in each one.

Reply to: several portfolio pages under one main page

Koen
    Participant

OK Thanks. I thought I had to use a Custom Post Type plug in, but this procedure seems more straightforward.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘several portfolio pages under one main page’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock