Search icons not clickable

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Blackoot Pro Blackoot Pro Support Search icons not clickable

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Netbadger
    Participant

I hope no one is there today. It is 1/1/18, so Happy New Year to all of the support staff. My question is about the little magnifying glass icons. They indicate a place for a search. Specifically, I am talking about the one at the top of the right column, which I am sure almost everyone leaves in place, regardless of where they locate the column itself. When you enter a word in that box, you have to press enter for the search to start. My client was trying to click on the magnifying glass icon like you do on some sites to actually start the search. I explained that all you had to do was press enter. She asked, “will everyone know to do that”. I quickly replied yes, but thought I would ask you the question as well. Is there a way to make the search icon activate the search, or should this be in the request and feedback section?
    Thanks in advance!

Reply to: Search icons not clickable

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, thank you and happy new year to you as well!

Indeed more and more search fields across the web now don’t have a button and expect the user to simply hit enter (the url/search bar of Google chrome is one widely spread example), and the default search field in this theme is one of them.

However this has been pointed out recently by another user, so this is now on the todo list. In a future update we’ll make the search icon clickable as well (so you can either hit enter or click the icon) to offer a better experience to users who would rather click the button!

Netbadger
    Participant

Okay, Thanks. Glad to be the second one to mention it 🙂

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Just a quick note that version 1.2.6 was just released and makes the search icon clickable in all search fields. The update should be available from your dashboard 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock