Remove Triangle

Remove Triangle

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kluane 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Remove Triangle

Kluane
    Participant

I would like ot remove the ‘triangle’ (arrow?) that appears in front of some links in the Siverclean Lite theme. how would I accomplish this?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  Kluane. Reason: Clarity
    Reply to: Remove Triangle

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello, the little blue arrow in silverclean is used by design in dozens of places. You can of course override it with a bit of css.

To be able to give you the exact code you need, please let me know in which specific area you want to disable it (a link to an example on your site will greatly help), of if you want to completely disable it everywhere.

Kluane
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I am wanting to disable the arrows completely as this is overriding the graphics/icons which are important to the appearance of the plugins.

Thanks again!

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

You did not mention a plugin conflict at first; can you please post a link to your site so I can better see what this looks like and be more likely to be able to help ?

Kluane
    Participant

Certainly, and my apologies… I hadn’t really thought of it in terms of a “conflict” as the site still works. It is just the arrows being displayed instead of the graphics that are built into the plugin. However, it is unexpected behaviour and I get why this would be considered a conflict. Here are some links:

http://belfastcommunitynetwork.com/bcn/community-listings/ – Here you see the arrows above the classified categories in front of; “Place Ad”, “Edit Ad”, “Browse Ads” & “Search Ads”.

http://belfastcommunitynetwork.com/bcn/community-listings/show-ad/22/le-page-fine-art/flat-river/prince-edward-island/canada/belle-river/painting/ – Here you can see it as noted above as well as in front of each secondary image below the ad listing.

http://belfastcommunitynetwork.com/bcn/community-listings/search-ads/ – Here you see it at the top again as noted previously and also in front of some of the field input boxes near the bottom of this form.

Also, while you’re poking around the site, please have a look at the widgets on the right. You’ll notice that the top border is missing in all but the topmost widget.

I hope this all helps and thanks again for all your assistance!

Cheers,

Henry

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Thanks for the links, this indeed allowed to see exactly what was going on and find the best way to fix it. So here’s some more CSS you will want to add to style.css (or your child theme) that is specific to your site and this plugin.
    This doesn’t actually disable the blue arrows (which would have been a bit more complicated actually), but instead makes it so Silverclean will behave with your plugin: http://pastebin.com/p650QMqF

And here’s your sidebar fix:

#sidebar > li > div { border-top: 1px solid #ddd; }

By default there is no top border because widget expect a title. I’ll take note of this and implement this when the widget are set without title as on your site!

Kluane
    Participant

Thanks again. That took care of both issues. I did want to point out to you though that the second widget in the sidebar that was not showing the top border is and was given a title within the widget. It was only the two text widgets below that which were not titled. I’m not sure if that makes a difference to you or not but I did want you to know in case it has some bearing on your coding.

One other point of minutiae… The top border fix is square-cornered whereas all other borders within your theme are curved corners. I know, I know, it is an ever so tiny detail. I only mention it to you because it is obvious from your designs and superior level of support that the details are important to you! 🙂

Thanks again. I’m exceptionally pleased with how the site theme looks and its a ‘Go Live’ for this week!

Cheers,

Henry

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Indeed your second widget has a sort of title, but it seems this widget (from a 3rd party plugin I guess) has a custom implementation of its title.
    “Normal” widget titles have a custom styling as you can see in the demo at: http://demo.iceable.com/silverclean-lite/
    (Not that important anyway, just to clarify 🙂 )

Oh and you are right, details always make a difference! Please replace the line I gave you above with:

#sidebar > li > div { border-top: 1px solid #ddd; border-radius: 4px; }

And here are the rounded corners 🙂

Kluane
    Participant

Beautiful! Those corners have gorgeous curves. ;P Great stuff. Well done and thank you kindly!

You are correct. The second widget was that of a third-party plugin. Well spotted and thanks for the extra details. I do appreciate the information.

Cheers,

Henry

Kluane
    Participant

Hi Again,

I’m truly sorry to send this but there are still a few instances of the arrow appearing within the plugin. Specifically, on the two input forms for placing an ad. Unfortunately, the only way to see these pages is to actually register for and begin the process of placing an ad on the site.

IF YOU HAVE TIME and would care to check it out I would appreciate your assistance. I did attempt to look at the coding fix you had provided and see if I could decipher how to apply it for the input forms but it is beyond my level of coding expertise. 🙁

I have included a couple of screen snips to illustrate the behaviour. To view these pages will require that you register/sign-in and then select category/sub-category plus a “Payment plan”. The Free plan will not cost you anything and will allow you to access the pages that are still acting up.

Again… Please… Only IF you have the time and inclination to do so. You have been extremely helpful and the two pages that remain do not present a huge issue. But, like yourself, I am detail oriented. :s

Cheers,

Henry

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

No problem, this was pretty quick actually 🙂
    I’ve updated the whole code at http://pastebin.com/ELB3v8J2

Please let me know if there are still other instances of these arrows messing with your plugin, if so I’ll give up this code and instead I’ll give you a modified version of the native css file without arrows at all to make sure you get rid of them once and for all!

Kluane
    Participant

As ever…. Thank you very much! It all looks good. Your expert help and rapid responses are truly appreciated!! 🙂

Cheers,

Henry

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Remove Triangle’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock