Remove margin from Most Popular Posts

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum BoldR Lite BoldR Lite Support Remove margin from Most Popular Posts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nickada 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nickada
    Participant

Hi,

Are the titles under the Most Popular Posts widget supposed to be indented slightly? (see attached). I can see where the css specifies it and can change if necessary but wondered what the intent behind it was.

Thanks,
    Nick

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Reply to: Remove margin from Most Popular Posts

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, this this widget is generated by a third party plugin and its HTML markup is not exactly the same as the standards WP widgets (it uses an additional nested ul, which inherits some margins from the theme’s default styles).

So no, this wasn’t really “intended”. It is one of these minor compatibility glitches with a third party plugin that inherits some styling that wasn’t meant to apply to its specific markup.

As you say, this can be adjusted easily with CSS; which is the best option since it wouldn’t be reasonable to change anything in the theme or in the plugin for this reason.

If this can help, you can paste this in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.tptn_posts_widget ul { margin-left: 0; }

Quick tip: specifying a class that is specific to this plugin’s widget (.tptn_posts_widget) ensures this fix only applies to this one without causing further unwanted side effects to other ones!

Reply to: Remove margin from Most Popular Posts

nickada
    Participant

Superb, very informative response 🙂 Thanks for this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Remove margin from Most Popular Posts’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock