Question about Categories and Tags assigned to images

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Blackoot Pro Blackoot Pro Support Question about Categories and Tags assigned to images

Question about Categories and Tags assigned to images
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Reply to: Blackoot Pro Support
    Michael
    Participant

Good morning,
    I’m in the process of adding categories and tags to the images in my media library – strictly for the webcomic images I use on my site.

So, I know that when using an e-commerce plugin like Woocommerce you can click on the categories/tags and you’ll see attachment pages for the items.

But as it is now, without any kind of e-commerce plugin, I will see attachment pages for the catergories/tags that are associated with my pages & posts, but *not* for the categories and tags assigned to my images.

I just want to know if this the normal behavior for the theme – no attachment pages for categories and tags assigned to images?
    And if not, what have I messed up?

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Reply to: Question about Categories and Tags assigned to images
    iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi,

I’m afraid I do not fully understand the question or what exactly you are trying to do.

AFAIK there is no way by default to assign category or tags to images in WordPress ; with or without WooCommerce. That is if “image” means an item in the media library.

Now if your images are some kind of custom post type, then this is probably controlled by another plugin.

By “attachment page” I believe you mean a page that shows a list of items associated to a given category (like a blog index page shows the latest posts in the blog), is this correct ?
    These are usually referred to as “archive pages” in the WP template hierarchy (see https://developer.wordpress.org/files/2014/10/Screenshot-2019-01-23-00.20.04.png and https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/)

If so, then unless the themes or a plugin comes with a specific template for the given taxonomy (category or tag) or post type, then it falls back to the index.php template by default.
    The index.php template in this theme is exactly what you would expect it to be: it basically show the latest X items for the current query.

When you say “but *not* for the categories and tags assigned to my images.” do you mean you get a blank page, or an error, or that you cannot click at all on these terms?

I realise this makes more questions than you originally asked (!), but better understanding your setup and what happens would allow me to hopefully help a little more.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

256 bit SSL. 100% secure transactions and data encryption
PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe