qTranslate Support

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Bug Reports qTranslate Support

qTranslate Support
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Reply to: BoldR Pro Bug Reports
    ktmsportmotorcycle
    Participant

Hello!

Why does de qTranslate-PlugIn not go along with your template? As soon as qTranslate is activated, the header-slider is not shown/not working…

Regards

Reply to: qTranslate Support
    iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello,

Some functions of the theme have been adapted specifically to be fully compatible with qTranslate since 1.2.0 and the compatibility has been tested and confirmed.

To make sure, I’ve just re-tested BoldR Pro 1.3.0 and qTranslate 2.5.36 on a test site running WP 3.6 and did not find any issue; especially the slider was still working correctly. (Though it seems that qTranslate itself throws quite a few php notices and warning, but it doesn’t seem to affect the normal working of its features).

So there might be something else going wrong on your site; like another plugin provoking a tripartite conflict.

Did you try to disable any other plugin already ?

ktmsportmotorcycle
    Participant

Hello!

I tried every cross-reference with deactivating all other plug-ins in all different combinations. Still the slider isn’t working only when qtranslate is activated…

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

This sounds really weird, I could not recreate any such issue with qTranslate and the slider, be it on the blog page or an individual page.

Could you please:

1. Make sure everything on your site is up to date (especially WordPress 3.6, BoldR Pro 1.3.0 and qTranslate 2.5.36) ?

2. Double check the slider configuration (activated for the blog index or individual page, and selected categories) ?

3. Provide me with a link to your site (preferably with qTranslate activated) so I can see it live and hopefully find a hint by inspecting the source code?
    (Feel free to set your reply as private if you don’t want your link to be seen publicly)

ktmsportmotorcycle
    Participant

I already changed the qtranslater plugin to polylang and also already changed the content.

But our slider was only set for index page and not for individual page, maybe the problem was there. With the polyland plug-in everything works perfectly.

Also our wordpress version is still 3.5.2.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Great that you’ve found a working alternative!
    I’m still unsure what was the issue with qTranslate on your site but it seems it’s not a problem anymore.

Also good to know that polylang does the job!

ktmsportmotorcycle
    Participant

Hope I am not annoying or something but one more thing:

The date and the “no comment” text in the recent post widget is not justified like in the second post shown. In the first and third its either on or both too far on the left. Any way to solve that?

Big thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

You’re very welcome!

It seems that your post-title is so long that the metadata (date and comment) are no longer pushed by the thumbnail image – this wasn’t tested with very long post titles so you actually uncovered a slight “glitch”. πŸ™‚

It seems that this solves the issue with no adverse effects:

.blogposts-widget-meta { margin-left: 60px; }

Copy/paste this in Theme Options > Main Settings > Custom CSS and you’re done!

ktmsportmotorcycle
    Participant

And another point is found. πŸ™‚

Can the “Read-More”-Button always be shown under the picture like the post in the lower half of the picture?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ktmsportmotorcycle
    Participant

And surely you can check-out our company blog. Thanks to your theme in a whole new design. Any tipps, tricks and support is welcome. πŸ™‚

http://blog.ktm.com

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Can the β€œRead-More”-Button always be shown under the picture like the post in the lower half of the picture?

Sure, this custom css will do exactly this: the read more button will be pushed below the image no matter the content/excerpt length:

.post-content .read-more { clear: left; }

And surely you can check-out our company blog. Thanks to your theme in a whole new design. Any tipps, tricks and support is welcome. πŸ™‚

Thanks to the waybackmachine ( http://web.archive.org/ ) I could have a look at the previous design, quite a change indeed! I do hope you’re satisfied with it! πŸ˜€

I’m honestly getting too used to see this theme to find potential changes/enhancements but maybe you would like to post in this section to ask for reviews and feedbacks – this community section is quite new but I hope it will take off with more shared ideas and opinions!

Also feel free to ask if you have any question or need any help with adjustments/customizations, the support forum is meant for this πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘qTranslate Support’ is closed to new replies.

256 bit SSL. 100% secure transactions and data encryption
PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe