Problems with WordPress 4.8.3?

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum Blackoot Lite Blackoot Lite Support Problems with WordPress 4.8.3?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BillDee 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BillDee
    Participant

My server host company (Bluehost) insists on doing automatic WP updates (which causes me untold problems all the time, and too often kills themes), and just upgraded to WordPress 4.8.3.

That seems to have killed my Blackoot Lite site. (1.1.19)

It was working fine and I got it looking the way I wanted. Now, when you go there, you see a “A New WordPress Site Coming Soon!” message. I have no idea what is going on.

After going into Admin and messing around, but not really doing anything, it is now showing the page correctly, but ONLY in Pale Moon browser.

Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, MS Edge, & MS Internet Explorer are all showing the intro page.

Help?

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  BillDee.
    Reply to: Problems with WordPress 4.8.3?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi,

This looks very much like a sort of “coming soon” plugin.
    Please review all plugins that are currently active in your WordPress install; and if unsure just try to disable all of them.

Side note about updates: 4.8.3 is only a security update; it does not add or modify any functionality but only patches some potential security issue. Security updates should usually not cause any hiccups with themes or plugins (most of the time). This is why it is a good idea to update as soon as possible – and also why automated updates for these releases are recommended!
    Major releases (4.8, 4.9 etc.) on the other hand usually don’t get automatic updates because they do include functionality additions and changes. This is also why older versions still receive (automated) security updates even when newer major releases are available.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Edit: the coming soon page on your site seems to be generated by “mojo-marketplace-wp-plugin”.

BillDee
    Participant

It looks like that was it. I deactivated the plugin and the page is showing now.

THANK YOU for the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock