Problem uninstalling Shareaholic plugin

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Chooko Pro Chooko Pro Support Problem uninstalling Shareaholic plugin

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Christine
    Participant

Hi, I deleted the Shareaholic on this site but Shareholic stuff still showed up on my site.

I did the following:
    – deactivate & delete plugin
    – deleted the website from my Shareaholic account
    – checked files with FTP and couldn’t find anything from Shareaholic, apart from notes on when the plugin was activated, deleted…
    – deactivated all plugins => still showed up
    – changed theme => that worked, Shareaholic did not show up anymore (all plugins activated & deactivated)
    – compared files from Chooko Pro on my server with freshly downloaded zip file => apparently no differences

And of course, I cleared the cache and cookies whenever necessary.

The Shareaholic function appears in the source code of the page but I can’t make out where it hides 🙂

Any idea where I might look to get rid of Shareaholic?

Regards,

Christine

Reply to: Problem uninstalling Shareaholic plugin

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, this is indeed unexpected, given that the theme itself does not include anything shareaholic related. Here is what I would at first:

– You mention clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, but can you please double check and make 100% sure the cache is fully cleared in W3 Total Cache?
    I know for a fact this is sometimes a pain to actually, completely clear everything with W3 (also, disabling this plugin does not actually get rid of what is cached because it integrates more deeply with WP)

– Did you by any chance add any shareaholic related code anywhere in the theme? You mention that the files are no different from a freshly downloaded zip, so this leaves just Theme Options > Main Settings > Custom Header code and Custom Footer Code to check.

Hopefully one of these leads to something, otherwise please let me know and I’ll try to further help. This is likely not related to the theme, but I’m quite interested in the outcome. 🙂

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

On an unrelated note, I noticed your social media icons on the right of the sidebar look a little bit off. Adding the following to Custom CSS should fix them:

#navbar .socialmedia-widget-wrap a { padding: 0!important; }

Christine
    Participant

Forgot to mention it but yes, I checked if I had added Shareaholic code in header or footer.

Gonna check W3, I did a lot of things yesterday night and had another slight problem with AMP and social icons (screwed up a bit in AddThis) and that could be related.

Is there a way to clear the cache in the database itself? I don’t mind diving into the database.

And thx for the social media icons, gonna fix that.

Christine
    Participant

I think I found the problem: I use Google Tag Manager and Shareaholic was in one of the tags.

– deleted the Shareaholic tag from GTM
    – published the container
    – cleared caches

And done 🙂

Didn’t happen just like that of course, I reset the theme options and when I went over to GTM to add the code in header and footer, I discovered there was a Shareaholic tag…

Thought I’d post it, might come in handy for other people.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Well that was a sneaky one for sure! Glad you could finally get this sorted and thanks for updating this thread 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Problem uninstalling Shareaholic plugin’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock