portfolio glitch

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Wortex Pro Wortex Pro Support portfolio glitch

portfolio glitch

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Koen 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    portfolio glitch

Koen
    Participant

Dear Mathieu,

I switched to Wortex for the sculpture’s site, and installed the latest version. Every now and then I notice the same kind of glitchesn in the portfolio I experienced in Chooko. No plug ins active yet. Nasty. Just to let you know.

best regards, Koen

Reply to: portfolio glitch

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi Koen, thanks for letting me know. I’m still puzzled by this because I can’t seem to reliably reproduce this issue on my own test sites; but I’ll take this into consideration when fully reviewing the portfolio codebase.

Koen
    Participant

I understand this is a difficult one to tackle.
    What I notice with the Portfolio in Wortex is when first opened, it appears wrong. Refreshing makes it look good again.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

I think I found something! It’s still not easy to confirm whether or not the issue is completely fixed since I couldn’t easily reproduce it in the first place, but things seems to add up and make sense.

I implemented a fix in Wortex Pro 1.3.1; can you please try to update to give it a try and let me know if it works this time?

If this one works, I’ll implement the same fix in Chooko and will review the others as well.
    And if it doesn’t… well let’s hope this one works!

Koen
    Participant

I’ll download the new version, and try it out tomorrow.
    Let’s hope for the best.
    Thanks!
    Koen

Koen
    Participant

Hi Mathieu,
    This version works better, but still not as good as before.
    Chrome seems flawless, but both Firefox and Safari show errors.
    Good at first, but after navigating a bit between the portfolio elements things go wrong.
    E.g. Firefox shows the title in the first pf entry, but only an overlay the size of the text.
    Safari just shows a little white digit of some kind in the left corner of the first pf entry.
    If you want I can sent you screemdumps, but my guess is you don’t need them. I have not installed any plugins, and no child theme is active.
    Hope this helps, keep up the good work.

best regards, Koen

Koen
    Participant

Don’t know if this will help: on my (dear old) iPhone 4 i don’t get to see the overlay screens in the portfolio. Putting on responsive mode in FF does show them though.

Koen
    Participant

btw iPhone 5s does not show the overlay screens too.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Even though this issue was hard to reproduce at first, I could witness it a couple of times when it was happening randomly once in a while.

With the latest version though I still couldn’t see any issue it a single time. It seems to work without any hiccup in all browsers now.

By the way the change in the latest update made was in javascript, so it’s possible that the previous js is still cached in your browser(s). Can you try and make sure to clear the cache?

As for iPhones, well it’s not supposed to work since you cannot “hover” over an element (like you do with a mouse on desktop) on a touch screen, you may only tap.
    (see this humorous answer on stackexchange about hovering on an ipad: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/47016/how-do-i-hover-on-the-ipad )

With that said android will simulate the “hover” event when you “long touch”, but iOS safari won’t.

Koen
    Participant

Hi Mathieu, i cleared the cache in both FF and Safari.
    Strangest thing: at first the error still occurred. I emptied the cache once more, and now it seems to work OK. Hope it remains stable now!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘portfolio glitch’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock