Please Help

Please Help

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gazra 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Please Help

gazra
    Participant

Hello, I have came across Chooko lite and love it, I intend to invest in the pro soon.

One thing I’m having issues with, well I say issues but really it’s an irritation I have and it’s got me thinking if it irritates me it could irritate the customer.

When creating menus using ‘Appearance – Menu’ I added two category’s and two pages.
    The two category’s are for “Home” and “Blog” page. (I intend on having my blog posts down both pages.
    The other two I created were Pages for “contact me” and “About ME” Pages.

NOW… When you click on Home and Blog on the website it brings up “CATEGORY: HOME” and “CATEGORY: BLOG” under the pages I made used as category’s and the ones where I created pages just say “About Me” and “Contact Me” — (Which looks better than having CATEGORY: HOME etc. pasted all across the top of the viewing page.
    Any idea how I can fix this or is there no way to either REMOVE that part or to change it?

Any help appreciated
    Thanks
    GD

Reply to: Please Help

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello, the category index pages are by default set to have the title this way (Category: [cat name]) which makes much sense in most cases.

But of course you can remove this:

– Go to Appearance > Editor and choose to edit “index.php” from the list on the right.
    – Look for line 30:

<h1 class="page-title"><?php _e('Category: ', 'chooko'); single_cat_title(); ?></h1>

– And remove the static “Category: ” part, so this line becomes:

<h1 class="page-title"><?php single_cat_title(); ?></h1>

– Save the file and you are done.

(Note that will work the same way in Pro version on line 76)

Reply to: Please Help

gazra
    Participant

Thanks dude! Sure wish I knew code. Messed up first time around, had to uninstall and reinstall to fix. Got there in the end.

APRECIATE IT!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Please Help’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock