- April 30, 2014 at 7:06 pm #7609unregisteredApril 30, 2014 at 7:06 pmPlease help! Media trouble
I’m not sure if this is actually a Chooko bug or not, but I’ve suddenly experienced two problems, at the same time. Everything in my WordPress is up to date, so I don’t think that is the issue. I would truly appreciate some constructive assistance on this.
Here is my issue:
I can no longer format my pictures (other than the featured image). Once I add new media, I can click and move it, but the two little delete/format options do not appear, so I can’t access the sizing, wrap text, advanced options, etc.
I hope that is clear and have included a screenshot of what it looks like when I click a pic.
As a side note, my SEO pack has also stopped filling out the boxes at the bottom, such as title, description, etc. I’ve actually contacted All in One SEO about this, but thought I’d mention it here, just in case you all have something to say about it.
- This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by unregistered.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.May 1, 2014 at 11:19 am #7619iceableMay 1, 2014 at 11:19 amReply to: Please help! Media trouble
iceableKeymasterSupportHappy with my help?
Buy me a beer!
I’m pretty sure this is unrelated to the theme, but it will be easy to make sure:
– Try to switch to another theme and see if the issue is still there.
WordPress 3.9 updated TinyMCE (the software behind your content editor), it now looks pretty much the same but the code under the hood is completely different. This causes many plugins not to work anymore and to generate conflicts. Many of them have not been updated yet by their respective authors and unfortunately some never will.
Here’s how to troubleshoot a possible plugin issue:
– Disable all plugins currently active on your site
– Check if this fixed the issue
– If it did, re-activate your plugins one by one until the issue comes back, so you’ll know which one is the cause
– As a good WordPress citizen, appropriately report the issue to the plugin’s author, so he may take care of it 😉
Another possibility is that something went wrong during the latest update and your WP install is broken. This is very easy to fix, just go to Dashboard > Update and click “Reinstall WordPress”. This only re-install the core files, your content and settings won’t be affected in any way.
About all in one seo, it has been updated recently and works with 3.9 according to its author, but it can very well be affected by a conflict with another plugin.
The topic ‘Please help! Media trouble’ is closed to new replies.