Page Grid Layout

Page Grid Layout

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lee 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Page Grid Layout

Lee
    Participant

Can there be a “insert page” button on the WYSIWYG? There is blog and all the custom post types, but not page. A page one would come in handy 🙂

Thanks!

Reply to: Page Grid Layout

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello,

I’m not sure I get exactly how that would translate in terms of front end content: what would that shortcode do exactly ?
    Would it echo a given page’s content, or a list of page titles (that would be like a “menu” then) or something else ?

Lee
    Participant

Heya, it would be exactly like the blog posts button in the editor. So display a grid listing if choose that or carousel of the pages you specify.

It would not be linked like a menu. You could just use a menu then. I just wanted a few pages listing on a landing page for that section and there are options for blogs, and all the custom post types, but not pages.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Ok I see what you mean. Well that’s not exactly the “typical” use of static pages and that would require a featured image to be set for each page, but that is still possible.

Will consider this for a future update (can’t guarantee it will make it to the next one though), and in the meantime here are two other solutions you might be interested in:

– Plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/page-list/ (there might be others as well)
    The result is not the exact same layout as the theme’s built-in shortcode; but it basically does this job. The result can certainly be visually altered with CSS to look pretty much as you wish.

– If you are a developper, you can basically copy the “blogpost” shortcode function from /functions/icefit-blogposts/icefitblogposts.php and alter it so it would pull pages instead of posts.
    It would just need two changes to work with pages: Add ‘post_type’ => ‘page’ to the $args array, and of course rename the shortcode itself to something else than ‘blogposts’ so it won’t conflict.
    This won’t add a button to the visual editor (you would need additional custom coding for this) but you would already get a fully functional custom shortcode.

Lee
    Participant

Awesome thank you very much 🙂 Will check them out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Page Grid Layout’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock