Other page classes like .home?

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum Blackoot Lite Blackoot Lite Support Other page classes like .home?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dandandan
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve noticed on your home page that you can use .home in CSS to format your home page. Do other pages also have this? I’ve looked and I can’t seem to find anything.

What I would like to do is create a banner behind the #page-title on each of my project’s page – I have about 10 of them and I don’t know of any other way to do this!

Any help would be appreciated!

Dan

Reply to: Other page classes like .home?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello,

Yes all pages have a specific class that can be used for individual targetting (please note that this is WordPress core feature, not specific to this theme, so this applies to basicaly any site).

The home page has the .home class on the body tag
    The main blog page has the .blog class on the body tag
    Blog posts pages have .postid-XXXXX (where XXXXX is the id of the post)
    Category pages have .category-XXXXX
    Statics pages have .page-id-XXXXX
    etc.

Your best bet to find the specific class for any given page is to simply use the “view source” or “inspector”/”developpers tools” funtionalities of your browser to look for classes in the body tag.
    This is how I do it actually as it seems to be the quickest and most straightforward way to find it immediately 🙂

dandandan
    Participant

Thank you very much! I have to say, your support is incredible and very quick. Can I leave a review of some sort?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Glad I could help and thanks!

About leaving a review, you actually just did: we compile some of the kind words in the forums on the homepage of this site 🙂

You can also leave a review for the theme on wordpress.org if you want to: https://wordpress.org/themes/blackoot-lite/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock