odd behavior when scrolling

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Chooko Pro Chooko Pro Support odd behavior when scrolling

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Koen
    Participant

Dear Mathieu,
    One more thing: I noticed that my demo site behaves quite strange when scrolling up or down. The one page I have edited with some content flickers up all the time, making it hard to scroll down. I have a child theme active, that places the featured image direct to the menu bar. But in other sites with this child theme it is no problem. Any clue?
    greetings,

Koen Verbeek

Reply to: odd behavior when scrolling

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

This is due to the “Sticky Navbar on scroll” feature combined with the fact that the pages are pretty short.
    This is actually a known glitch, it is on the todo list but with low priority since using a fixed navbar on scroll is not quite useful for pages so short you cannot scroll down very far.

The best option is to only enable this feature for long pages and disable and disable it and use “Normal Header Only” instead for short pages.

There is a global setting for this in Theme Options > Header settings > Sticky Header; and each static page can either inherit the global setting or use a different one from the “icefit page settings” box.

Update: see reply below

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hold on a little bit before changing all of your settings, I’m experimenting with a possible update that may completely fix the issue and give much better results!

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

The new version of Chooko Pro (1.5.1) includes a new behavior for the “sticky navbar on scroll” which should look much better with smoother transitions and no “jumping” as you were experiencing.

Please let me know if you get any more trouble with it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘odd behavior when scrolling’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock