Need help Change Colors of "read more" and tags section

Home Forums Free Support Forum Blackoot Lite Blackoot Lite Support Need help Change Colors of "read more" and tags section

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mathieu Sarrasin 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

korijl
    Participant

Hi, I would like to first say that I love the layout of this theme. I have combed through most of the support forum to begin to change the light blue colors of the theme, but can’t seem to figure out how to get rid of the blue for the “read more” under each of my post and the tags. Also at the very bottom of the page there are links that switch to that lighter blue. I think I just need the code to input in.

Also, how do I make the sidebar bigger? The Twitter section seems small, unless that was from my end when embedding it from the Twitter Website.

Thanks for your help!

Reply to: Need help Change Colors of "read more" and tags section

Mathieu Sarrasin
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi,

These elements should inherit your custom teal blue like the rest and should not keep the default light blue. This seems to be a glitch in the theme, so first thank you for bringing this to attention, I will look into this more closely and fix in the next update!

In the meantime, you can of course fix it right away by copy/pasting the following in Appearance > Theme Options > Main settings > Custom CSS:

It seems you manage to change the color of most blue elements with custom CSS already, you can change the color for these remaining elements with the following CSS:

.read-more {
        background-color: #336777;
    }

.sub-footer-right .menu li a:focus, .sub-footer-right .menu li a:hover {
        color: #336777;
    }

For the sidebar, you can to make the whole website bigger, the sidebar will keep the same ratio but since the whole page is larger, the sidebar itself will be larger.
    You can try this option in Appearance > Theme Options > Main Styling > Max Page Width, try to change it from 1000px to 1240px.

Another option is to change the ratio between content and sidebar, but this is a little bit more involved. If switching from 1000 to 1240 is not a satisfying solution for you please let me know and I’ll help you with the alternative!

korijl
    Participant

Thanks so much! I actually don’t know where the Main Styling>Max Page Width is so maybe you could tell me the other option with the ratio? I also have one more thing that is light blue and that is the search bar at the top.

Mathieu Sarrasin
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Actually this option doesn’t exist in BoldR Lite. I suggested it by mistake since this thread was posted in the BoldR Pro section of the forums.

Also contrary to what I mentioned in my previous reply, there is no glitch in the theme, since there is no “main color” to inherit from the option panel (the custom color you had already was added by you with Custom CSS, not from theme options).

Using BoldR Lite gives a bit less options and flexibility, but the following CSS should do the trick to make the sidebar wider:

#sidebar-container { width: 300px; }
    #page-container.with-sidebar { width: 580px; }
    .single-post .post-contents { width: 495px; }
    .post-contents { width: 490px; }

Since you are using embedded youtube videos, you might also need to edit a couple lines from functions.php; change this:

if ( is_singular() && !is_page() )
    	$content_width = 595;
    if ( is_page() )
    	$content_width = 680;

To this:

if ( is_singular() && !is_page() )
    	$content_width = 495;
    if ( is_page() )
    	$content_width = 580;

This may or may not be necessary, but you’ll need it in case the videos keep there original size and overflow out of the content area and over the sidebar.

[Thread moved from BoldR Pro support to BoldR Lite support]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Need help Change Colors of "read more" and tags section’ is closed to new replies.