Modify portfolio and – or feature

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Wortex Pro Wortex Pro Support Modify portfolio and – or feature

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Koen 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Koen
    Participant

Dear Mathieu,
    I have some questions regarding the sculpturers site I’m working on.
    – Is is possible to modify the look of the portfolio, in the way that only the image (and the overlay screen + title) are visible? The idea is that the titles of the categories normally displayed above the featured image of the portfolio items are not displayed.
    I attach a screenshot with an annotation to show what I mean.
    I would like to use either this approach, or use the “Features” to show and tell something about other pages on the site. With regard to the “Features”:
    – Is it possible to show a larger image as an icon in the features categories? Could this be approximately the size of the Portfolio image?
    I reckon that either of these solutions will need a child theme, but that should not be a problem.
    Hope to hear from you,
    best regards, Koen

PS Sorry tot say but the PF is still not stable in FF. Sometimes it still displays a title in the left-under corner. Refreshing makes it work OK again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Reply to: Modify portfolio and – or feature

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi Koen, sure both of these can be done!

To hide the portfolio category filters you will only need one line of custom CSS:

.portfolio-page .filter { display: none; }

To change the “features” image size, you will need a child theme but this one shouldn’t be too much work:

1. You’ll need to copy this file in the child (while keeping the same directory structure): /functions/icefit-features/icefit-features.php
    2. In this file, you’ll just need to edit line 250 (for the shortcode) and/or line 343 (for the widget). Both look like this:

$output .= get_the_post_thumbnail( $post_id, array(45,45) );

3. Replace 45,45 on these lines with the desired width and height.
    Hint to get a rough idea: the portfolio thumbnails are 245×147. Or you can also use the width of the columns you will be creating with features.

4. Lastly, add this in Custom CSS. The default is floated left with a 20px right margin, this will allow the image to take up to the whole columns’ width (or up to its own size) with the text below.

.feature-thumb {
        margin-right: 0;
        float: none;
        width: auto;
        height: auto;
    }

PS Sorry tot say but the PF is still not stable in FF. Sometimes it still displays a title in the left-under corner. Refreshing makes it work OK again.

Damn! I wish I could simply blame it on your FF version, but I guess I’ll have to schedule another round of testing. Thanks for letting me know.

Koen
    Participant

Ha! Good to learn about the possibilities!
    About “the width of the columns you will be creating with features” – do you mean I can use like col=”one-third” kind of codes to define the width of the icon?
    Ands would it then be written like:
    ( $post_id, array(col="one-third") )
    Since this is ‘work in progress’ using the column width is easier.

Another little thing: on order to change ‘learn more’ into “see more”, I have to modify the .po .mo file?

About FF, my version is 52.0.2 (64 bits). FF says it’s up to date.
    The good news is that in Safari I have no longer noticed any flaws.

Thanks, Koen

Koen
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

About “the width of the columns you will be creating with features” – do you mean I can use like col=”one-third” kind of codes to define the width of the icon?
    Ands would it then be written like:
    ( $post_id, array(col=”one-third”) )

No, you have to use numeric values in this code.
    I only meant that you can use a value that corresponds to the width of the columns you will be creating. You can create some test features with the desired columns and use your browser’s inspector to find the corresponding width.

Another little thing: on order to change ‘learn more’ into “see more”, I have to modify the .po .mo file?

You can also change this directly in icefit-features.php so you don’t need to bother with the po file; it is on line 256 and 353 🙂

You child theme looks fine, but you can remove class-ict-updates-client.php (this is an exact copy of the original, and this specific file cannot be overriden by child themes anyway!). shortcodes.php is also the same as the original, so unless you need to make some change in this one, you can also remove it!

Koen
    Participant

OK Great. Thanks for checking the Child theme!
    I’m learning some css and html5, but php is really where it’s at…

best regards, Koen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Modify portfolio and – or feature’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock