Menu Arrows for Children of a Subitem

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Blackoot Pro Blackoot Pro Feedback and Suggestions Menu Arrows for Children of a Subitem

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cheyenne 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cheyenne
    Participant

Hi Iceable,

I would like to make a feature request for the menu. 🙂

Currently, if a top-level menu item has one or more subitems, there’s a nice little down arrow to indicate this.

But if a subitem in a menu has one or more children, the arrow to indicate this appears in the middle of the subitem even though the children appear to the right.

Could you please update the theme (or make it a toggable option?) to have the arrow on the subitem appear at the right-hand side of that item and point to the right? I think this would be more user-intuitive and easier to see.

Top-level items should still have their arrow where it currently appears since the subitems appear below it.

The attached image hopefully illustrates what I am after.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Reply to: Menu Arrows for Children of a Subitem

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi Cheyenne,

You can have this right away by adding this to Appearance > Theme Options > Main Settings > Custom CSS (or into your child theme’s style.css file – whatever sounds best to you!)

#navbar .sub-menu .menu-item-has-children > a:after,
    #navbar .sub-menu .page_item_has_children > a:after {
        content: "\f0da";
        color: #999;
        position: absolute;
        bottom: 14px;
        left: initial;
        right: 1em;
    }

(If you are reading this from an email notification, please come back to the forum page before copy/pasting anything, as email versions tend to break some parts of the code.)

It does indeed look much better and makes more sense for sub-menus so it will probably be implemented as the new default in the next update; thanks for pointing it out!

Cheyenne
    Participant

Yay! Thanks!

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Quick update: the code above is no longer necessary, this is now included by default in Blackoot Pro 1.1.8.

Cheyenne
    Participant

Awesome, thanks!

Your support and willingness to work on your theme is amazing. 🙂 Plus it’s a beautiful design. My sites have never looked better. Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Menu Arrows for Children of a Subitem’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock