Media Not Uploading

Homepage Forums Community General WordPress Help Media Not Uploading

Media Not Uploading

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Media Not Uploading

Ian
    Participant

I have 2 Silverclean Pro 1.3 sites hosted on a Windows Webserver 2008.
    For some reason I cant upload any new media – fails with a general error message.

I have a couple of other WP sites and I can upload media to them without any problems.

Any ideas?

Reply to: Media Not Uploading

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

(Note: media upload being a WordPress Core function, this issue is not directly related to a specific theme. You can verify this by switching to another theme. Moving this thread to general WP section)

Hello,

Here are a few things I would check when facing such issue:
    – Try to disable any plugin currently active on your site to rule out a possible conflict.
    – Go to Dashboard > Updates and click “reinstall now” to reinstall WordPress core files (this only takes a few seconds and doesn’t affect your content and settings)
    – Check your server configuration, especially file permissions. Windows server is quite specific and I cannot say much about it, but it seems several other WordPress users on windows servers had similar issues with file upload and permissions and found some solution on the WordPress support forums, so you may want to have a look at the few first results of this search: https://www.google.com/search?q=wordpress%20upload%20permissions%20windows

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Media Not Uploading’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock