- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 6 months ago by .
- The topic ‘Media Not Uploading’ is closed to new replies.
I have 2 Silverclean Pro 1.3 sites hosted on a Windows Webserver 2008.
For some reason I cant upload any new media – fails with a general error message.
I have a couple of other WP sites and I can upload media to them without any problems.
(Note: media upload being a WordPress Core function, this issue is not directly related to a specific theme. You can verify this by switching to another theme. Moving this thread to general WP section)
Here are a few things I would check when facing such issue:
– Try to disable any plugin currently active on your site to rule out a possible conflict.
– Go to Dashboard > Updates and click “reinstall now” to reinstall WordPress core files (this only takes a few seconds and doesn’t affect your content and settings)
– Check your server configuration, especially file permissions. Windows server is quite specific and I cannot say much about it, but it seems several other WordPress users on windows servers had similar issues with file upload and permissions and found some solution on the WordPress support forums, so you may want to have a look at the few first results of this search: https://www.google.com/search?q=wordpress%20upload%20permissions%20windows
IceableThemes has been crafting, supporting and updating Premium WordPress Themes since 2013.
We're here to help you get the best our of your site, not to make a quick sale. Our themes were built to last and we're here to stay in the long run.
Any question? Contact us and we'll be glad to help. Need assistance using one of our themes? Hit our support forums and we'll get your issue sorted in no time.