Making a slider in Lite version

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum Chooko Lite Chooko Lite Support Making a slider in Lite version

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Basz85 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Basz85
    Participant

Hello,

I like this theme!
    I’ve only one question. How do I make a slider in this free lite version of Chooko?
    I tried with the following help about this topic -> http://www.iceablethemes.com/documentation/setting-up-and-activating-the-slider/ <- but this didn’t work with this theme version from Lite :(.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks!

Sincerly,
    Bas

Reply to: Making a slider in Lite version

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello, the built-in slider is a feature only available in Pro versions, and thus this section of the documentation doesn’t apply to Lite.

However, you can still get a slider on your site by using a third party plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/ml-slider/ or any other plugin you can find at: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=slider

Make sure to visit the FAQ/Documentation and support section of the slider plugin you choose and you should be up and running quickly!

Basz85
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for your reply on my post.
    It’s was confusing for me, I thought it works also on Lite versions, that’s why I asked haha :).
    I work with WordPress (Self-hosted) like 5 years ;).

Is there a way to insert the ML slider in the theme Chooko lite?

Thanks for the information!

Sincerly,
    Bas

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

There most certainly is!

All slider plugins should give you a “shortcode” and a “template include” code to integrate your slides. You can either use the shortcode “as is” in the page or post content, or paste it in a template file of the theme for further integration.

To integrate with Chooko lite simply copy the template include code and paste it at the very end of header.php (which you can edit from Appearance > Editor).
    Also note that the recommended width for slides in Chooko is 960px.
    “Template includes” are basically a bit of php with the shortcode that look like this:

<?php
    echo do_shortcode("[SHORTCODE GOES HERE]");
    ?>

Please refer first to the plugin(s)’s FAQ, documentation and support for more information specific to their functionalities.

Basz85
    Participant

Thanks for the help!
    It works well good!! :-).

My “slider-problem” has been resolved :-).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Making a slider in Lite version’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock