MainStyling Max Page Width

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Bug Reports MainStyling Max Page Width

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Erich
    Participant

Hi,
    if you set “Max Page Width” to “1240” the frontpage is not sized correctly!
    It stays on 1000px width.

This is caused by the provided css for the “main-wrap”-div:

Inline style:

#main-wrap.boxed {
        width: 1240px; /* <----- the inline style CORRECT! */
    }

but in the boldr-css:

#main-wrap.boxed {
        width: 96%;        /* <----- overridden by above css! */
        max-width: 1000px; /* <----- stays at 1000px BUG! */
        margin: 2% auto;
    }

greetings
    Erich

Reply to: MainStyling Max Page Width

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, thanks for reporting this.

I just reviewed this carefully and this doesn’t seem to actually cause a bug: the 1000px max-width is indeed set in the stylesheet. If you set 1240 in the option panel, a 1240px max-width is added inline after the stylesheet. As a result, the 1240px directive has higher priority in the CSS hierarchy and effectively overrides the 1000px one.

This does work without an issue on the demo site at: http://demo.iceablethemes.com/boldr/
    In the inspector, it looks like this:

What seems odd though is that you mention “width: 1240px;” as inline style, but it is actually a “max-width” that is added.

As a side note, this can also cause an issue if you are using a plugins that combines and minifies all CSS styling without preserving the order.
    While combination and minification are certainly recommended, not preserving the order can cause many unexpected issues, so if this is what happens on your site I would recommend you either check your plugin’s settings or try another plugin. (I’ve been using “autoptimize” for years and it does a pretty good job)

If you still seem to have an issue with this on your site please let me know along with the site URL and I’ll have a look at it to help you find what goes wrong and fix it.

Erich
    Participant

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
    It’s indeed strange, a clean reinstall of boldr pro fixed it and now everything works as excepted!

Erich

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Great! Not sure what it was but obviously something was going wrong; anyway good to know this isn’t an issue anymore after a clean install! Thanks for reporting back 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MainStyling Max Page Width’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock