Http error 500 on some pages only

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Chooko Pro Chooko Pro Support Http error 500 on some pages only

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ren Dizon 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ren Dizon
    Participant

Hi I need some help.

My site http://delishph.com homepage works perfectly fine, even the recipes opens perfectly. Yet there are several pages that are giving me this:

” This page isn’t working delishph.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500 ”

Some pages that won’t open are About, Get in Touch, Advertising, Privacy Policy, Disclaimer.

Any suggestions how to fix this? Please please I need your help.
    Thanks in advance.

Reply to: Http error 500 on some pages only

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello,

From what I see the issue seems to happen on “pages” (the blog index, posts and category pages are fine and all pages get this error).

Did you edit any code from page.php in the theme? If you did, there might be something wrong with your code and you will need to either review it or undo the changes.
    You can download a fresh copy of the theme from my account for a fresh start if you lost track of changes.

If you did not change any code, maybe a plugin is causing the issue. This is easy to check: try to disable ALL plugins currently active on your site. If this fixes it, then re-enable them one by one until you find the faulty one.

Hopefully one of these helps, please let me know if you are still stuck.

Ren Dizon
    Participant

Hi there,

Whew!
    Went through page.php and yeah I found the culprit. πŸ™‚
    All good now!

Thank you very much for your help!

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Awesome, glad you could get it sorted easily.

On a related note, you should not edit any file from the theme directly, because any change you make will be overwritten during each update.

The best way to avoid this is to create a child theme, and place your modified files into it (if a file like page.php exists in the child theme, it will be used instead of the parent’s version, and the child’s files will not be affected by updates to the parent theme).

This way you can customize any template file without losing your custom code during updates.

Ren Dizon
    Participant

Thank you so much for all that.
    I’ll keep that in mind.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Http error 500 on some pages only’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock