How to export and import all images?

Homepage Forums Community General WordPress Help How to export and import all images?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sandy
    Participant

Hi there, i am transferring a theme from one domain to a new one. How do i export all images and content from one domain to another? also, when i tried to highlight the export link to paste into new install, i cannot select the text to do so.

thanks so much…

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by  iceable. Reason: Thread moved to General WordPress section
    Reply to: How to export and import all images?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello,

If you need to transfer your images and content, you are not just moving the theme but basically migrating the whole site !

This requires that you copy and move everything on your FTP server and in the MySQL database.
    Jason Bobich did an excellent job to explain the whole process step by step in this post: http://www.jasonbobich.com/web-design/moving-wordpress-to-a-new-server/

Note that the “import/export options” feature in the theme is meant to copy only the theme options. Since theme options are stored in the database, you won’t need to use this function if you are moving the whole database.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘How to export and import all images?’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock