How to edit navigation menu items

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum BoldR Lite BoldR Lite Support How to edit navigation menu items

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nickada
    Participant

Hi,

How do I edit the navigation menu items? I can’t see where this is set in the main WP menu settings or in the theme options.

🙂

Reply to: How to edit navigation menu items

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, go to Appearance > Menus, there you can create a custom menu and add/move/organize/edit every element as desired.

This is actually a WordPress Core feature (i.e. not specific to the theme) so you will find extensive info about menu settings here: https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide

nickada
    Participant

Thanks for this. The problem for me is that I can’t edit the existing menu. If you notice there is a sub-menu on the blog menu item with just a period/full-stop. I’m trying to remove that. And also edit the other sub menu items.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  nickada.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  nickada.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Well that doesn’t sound right; I’m not sure why you couldn’t edit the menu from Appearance > Menus.

In the menu edition panel, this “period” item should appear as a sub-item item just under the “blog” item. Just like the “child pages” appear under the “parent page” in this image:

https://codex.wordpress.org/images/b/b1/menu-screen5.png

Clicking the small arrow on the right of the item will reveal some settings, a “remove” option.

A few ideas to check if you cannot seem edit the menu:
    – Do you have admin rights on the WP install? (I assume you do, but if you only have “editor” rights it would explain why you can’t edit menus)
    – If you can reach the menu edition panel but it doesn’t seem to work correctly, I would try to:
    — Temporarily disable any active plugin on the site to rule out a potential conflict
    — Clear your browsers’ cache or try with another browser
    — Re-install WP core file to rule out a possible broken install (this takes just a click and doesn’t affect your content or settings, it’s pretty much like updating but to the same version). You can do this from Dashboard > Update and click “re-install now”

If none of this helps and you are still really stuck please let me know. Even though this is “free” support forum, I would be interested in finding out what could go wrong and cause such an issue.

nickada
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, I’m not sure what had happened but the existing menu wasn’t available to me to edit. No matter, I’ve just created a new one and overwrote the existing one which is now displaying fine.

Thanks.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

That was quite odd, I’m not really sure how this could happen but I’m glad you could finally sort this out by creating a new menu. Thanks for letting me know the outcome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to edit navigation menu items’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock