how to change the title to a custom title

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum Chooko Lite Chooko Lite Support how to change the title to a custom title

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

peggella
    Participant

is there a way to change the present title to a custom title?

Reply to: how to change the title to a custom title

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Of course, go to Appearance > Theme options > Main settings.

From there you can either upload your own logo, or set it to display a text-based version of your site title instead.

If you chose the “Display Title” option, then the title is the one you have given your site when you installed WordPress, and you can change it from Settings > General (“Site Title” is the first option on this page).

peggella
    Participant

thank you for the quick reply, however, I am very, very new to all this, so please bare with me.

I originally clicked the “Display Title” box.
    I don’t want to change the “logo”. I want to create my own “title” with my own font and not use their lettering that comes with the theme.
    Can you walk me through the steps on how to add my own custom title?

I already created the text for my custom title. I have it stored in my downloads. (should I attach it here so you can see what i mean?)

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

I’m not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do.
    You mention having already created you custom text and stored it in your downloads. Does this mean it is in an image format ? If so then why not uploading it as a “logo” ?

If adding attachement and/or posting a link to your site can help better explain and make it clear then sure, feel free to do so and I’ll try to further help.

peggella
    Participant

ok, my website URL is http://www.luvmyveggietable.com, i am attaching the custom title i created.

i want to remove the original “Luv My Veggie TABLE” title and replace it with the new one i created.

does this help?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Sure, this now sounds pretty clear and I guess we simply misunderstood with the title/logo terminology.

Here is all you need to do:

– Go to Appearance > Theme options > Main settings.
    – Under “Logo”, click “upload image”, and upload your image (the custom title you have just attached here) in the upload window that pops up.
    – Make sure to click “Insert into post” in the upload window, and it should appear as a preview in the logo section.
    – Just below, check “Use logo” instead of “Display title”.
    – Hit “Save changes” and you are done!

peggella
    Participant

ok, that sounds pretty clear. but once I “upload” my image, i am only seeing a part of the image in the box.

my image should say “Luv My Veggie Table”…but I am only seeing “veggie” in the box. so i am afraid to “save changes”.

I believe this was the problem I was having last week.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Don’t worry too much about the preview (it is just this, a “preview”) just apply the changes and it will work very well.

Just one thing to double check: did you make sure to check “full image size” in the upload box before clicking insert into post ? If you check another size you might be actually asking WordPress to crop your image to a standard size instead of the original.

And if it doesn’t work as intended it would only take a minute to revert this change anyway.

peggella
    Participant

ok….I followed all the steps. it was very simple. but nothing changed. the same old heading/title appeared. any suggestions.

peggella
    Participant

ok…i tried it a few times. now i got it to work. sorry. thanks so much for your help.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

If it seems like nothing changed immediately after you save some settings, it is often because your browser kept a copy of your page in cache (temporary memory) to avoid reloading the page completely each time. Because of this, it sort of misses what’s new for a short period of time (cache expires itself after a few hours).

When this happen, you can try to clear your browser’s cache (http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/) to make sure your browser will load the page as it actually is right now, including the latest changes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘how to change the title to a custom title’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock