Home page display of posts

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Support Home page display of posts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra Robinson 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sandra Robinson
    Participant

What do I need to do to:
    1. Remove the comment count from each post
    2. To display pictures from the posts next to the text. Preferable on the LHS of the words?

I have limited knowledge of php, css, & html.

Thank you.

Reply to: Home page display of posts

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, good news is that you won’t need any code for this!

1. Remove the comment count from each post

Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Blog Settings > Show comment counter box (scroll down a bit, it is near the bottom of the page).
    Set it to “hide everywhere”, don’t forget to “save changes” and the comment counter will be gone!

2. To display pictures from the posts next to the text. Preferable on the LHS of the words?

For each post, from the post editor, look for the “Featured image” box (it usually sits at the bottom right of the editor page).
    Click “set featured image” and either upload an image from your computer or select one that is already available in your media library.

This image will be displayed as a medium square on the left side of the post excerpt on the front page.

It will also appear at the top of the post itself. If you don’t want it at the top of the post but only on the front page, go to Appearance > Theme Options > Blog Settings > Show featured image in single post view, and set it to “Off”.

I hope this helps, please let me know if anything doesn’t work out as expected or if you have any other question!

Reply to: Home page display of posts

Sandra Robinson
    Participant

Brilliant! Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Home page display of posts’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock