Google Search – Mobile Usability > Text too small to read

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Support Google Search – Mobile Usability > Text too small to read

Note about WordPress 5.0:
Our themes are compatible with WordPress 5.0. However not all functionality are guaranteed to work as expected with the new editor (Gutenberg) that comes with 5.0.

We highly recommend installing the Classic Editor plugin, which will bring back the usual editor if you run into any issue or just do not like the new editor.

An update to bring full compatibility with Gutenberg is being worked on, but has been postponed because of the recent fast-paced evolution of the Gutenberg project until WP 5.0 release. More info about the release of WordPress 5.0 announced on a short 2-days notice can be found here: New 5.0 Target Date.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandra Robinson 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sandra Robinson
    Participant

I have no custom code and use the template defaults for Post and Page text. Eventually the whole site will be ignored by Google…

Why is it a problem all of a sudden?

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/RUH4X0H.png

Thanks
    Sandra

Reply to: Google Search – Mobile Usability > Text too small to read

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, the specific page you mention has an issue which prevents it from resizing correctly on mobile. It seem to be displayed incorrectly even on desktop actually.

For some reason, the part of the post after “The full results can be found here.” is wrapped in a <pre> tag, which is itself wrapped in a <blockquote> tag.
    This is what causes the issue (this is related to the content of the post, not the theme itself).

You should definitely check the content of this post and remove these wrapping tags. These were probably generated while copy/pasting content from another webpage or word processor.
    If you are not comfortable with HTML, you could try to delete this part of the content and try to add it again manually from the editor.

I can see from your Google Console screenshot that there is another page with mobile usability issue. Feel free to post the link to this other page and I’ll make sure to have a look to help you figure out what is wrong.

Sandra Robinson
    Participant

Thank you so much for your input. I think I have now corrected to problem. I have resubmitted validation with Google Console. I shall report back. Sandra

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Glad I could help! I hope this will get it sorted, please do let me know if any further issues are reported.

Sandra Robinson
    Participant

Hi There. Google Search Console just came back with: Mobile Usability issues successfully fixed for site. Many thanks for your help & input.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe