General problem with wordpress

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Support General problem with wordpress

Note about WordPress 5.0:
Our themes are compatible with WordPress 5.0. However not all functionality are guaranteed to work as expected with the new editor (Gutenberg) that comes with 5.0.

We highly recommend installing the Classic Editor plugin, which will bring back the usual editor if you run into any issue or just do not like the new editor.

An update to bring full compatibility with Gutenberg is being worked on, but has been postponed because of the recent fast-paced evolution of the Gutenberg project until WP 5.0 release. More info about the release of WordPress 5.0 announced on a short 2-days notice can be found here: New 5.0 Target Date.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cyklomaniacy
    Participant

Hello, I have general problem with WP panel, I cannot upload images or videos, cannot link them etc. Also text editor does not respond. Please see the video below, I have recorded my screen with bandicam.

Reply to: General problem with wordpress

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, this looks like a common “broken javascript” issue in your wp-admin.

Most of the time this is caused either by something broken in your install, or more commonly an error in a third party plugin.

This is even more likely if you just recently updated to WordPress 5.5. A dependency many plugins rely on has been removed from WP Core. This has broken a lot of website, and therefore this dependency has been re-introduced in 5.5.1.

Anyway, here are the first common steps to troubleshoot this issue:
    – Make sure everything on your website is up to date (WP, Theme and plugins)
    – Try to disable all third party plugins, and make sure to clear your browser’s cache, and try afgain to see if the issue is still there. If this solves the issue, re-activate plugins one by one until it comes back so you can identify the culprit.
    – Sometimes an update goes wrong and WordPress itself is broken. This is easily fixed by going to Dahsboard > Update, and click “re-install WordPress”. (This won’t reset your content or settings, it only re-installs core files. This is like “re-updating”, except you re-download and install the same version your already have)
    – Same thing could happen with the theme, you may download the latest version from your account here and re-install it in case your install was broken for some reason.

If none of these help, do let me know, and also let me know what errors you can see in the console (press F12 to open the inspector, and go to the “console” tab).
    With broken javascript there are for sure some errors in red that may give more info about what causes this

cyklomaniacy
    Participant

After taking all the steps from your answer it works ok, but it lacks a lot of icons in old menu. Maybe its becaude of “Classic Editor” plugin?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Is the last button on this line clickable? It is called “kitchen sink”, and should toggle the two other lines when clicked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe