Forbid the right click

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum Blackoot Lite Blackoot Lite Support Forbid the right click

Forbid the right click

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Forbid the right click

Passionpourlaviation
    Participant

Hello,

Please could you tell me if it is possible to forbid the right click on a post to avoid To avoid being stolen photos

thank you very much for the answer

Xavier Cotton

Reply to: Forbid the right click

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, it is technically possible to disable the right click with javascript; there are even a few plugins to do this easily: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/right+click/

However, be aware that while disabling the right click will discourage a few people, it doesn’t actually prevent images from being stolen. Even without right click they are still easy to find in the source code of the page, and anyone can also make a screen capture.

There is no way to prevent people from taking images from your site if they want to (apart from not posting them on your site at all).

A good alternative to prevent people from stealing and reusing your images is to watermark them: either stick your logo in a corner, or a semi transparent logo or name across the whole image – like shutterstock and the like do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock