Facebook does not "catch" images

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum Silverclean Lite Silverclean Lite Support Facebook does not "catch" images

Facebook does not "catch" images

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Reply to: Facebook does not "catch" images

Angelina
    Participant

Yesterday the link worked. Today it does not.

The file is still there via ftp.

I removed the hotlink protection but that did not solve the problem.

I checked the other sites (pure html/css) that I have on the same server and none displays the images in facebook when linked.

It must be an issue of my provider!

I am not sure what kind of hosting I have and which permissions to set from that link.

Now I ticked “Allow direct requests (i.e., entering the URL of an image into a browser)” in cpanel and the direct request works. But not the facebook link.

Omg, I changed the permissions of wp-config.php to 600 thinking that I have a shared host and now the site does not work
    “Internal Server Error
    File “/home/jchessan/public_html/chess/index.php” is writeable by group
    suPHP 0.7.1″

Angelina
    Participant

I tried 100 different permissions combinations and then I gave up and wrote to my host. And suddenly now it works again. :s :/

Angelina
    Participant

Just an update. My host was able to restore the permissions and my website. Facebook catches the images when I use www before the subdomain: http://www.chess.kontini.com/looking-for-plan-14-ghosts-in-the-chessboard/

phew…

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

I tried 100 different permissions combinations and then I gave up and wrote to my host. And suddenly now it works again. :s :/

How peculiar! 😉

Glad to know this is finally fixed and works as expected, thanks for reporting back!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Facebook does not "catch" images’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock