Error with default data

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Blackoot Pro Blackoot Pro Support Error with default data

Error with default data

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Error with default data

highvolmusic
    Participant

Wondering if someone can help me troubleshoot why I still get the “dummy” Newmachine “Just Another WordPress Site” content info when I post the url on Facebook or anywhere.

I cannot find where that exists. The “dummy” post was deleted when building the site

See attachment.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Reply to: Error with default data

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, Facebook caches the info it grab from your page the first time you share it. So if you share the same page again in the next couple of hours/days, it won’t crawl the page again and use the cached info, even if your page changed.

There are two ways to “fix” it:
    – Either wait a couple of days: Facebook cache will expire and it will crawl your page again after sometime
    – Use the Facebook Open Graph debugger to check how Facebook crawls your page. It allow you to enter your URL and see what info Facebook can grab from it. Doing so will refresh fb’s cache: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock