Entry-title in single-posts with H1 instead of H3

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum BoldR Pro BoldR Pro Feedback and Suggestions Entry-title in single-posts with H1 instead of H3

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SantiH
    Participant

Hello iceable team,

I keep enjoying the Boldr Pro a lot! I am very happy with my purchase.

I noticed that for category and page pages the entry-title is marked as H1 in the code, while in single-post.php is marked as H3.

I was wondering if there is some reason behind it, since for SEO purposes having an H1 per post would be beneficial. Specially for single page posts, that are the ones which many bloggers including myself want to rank for.

At the end what I do is adding a bunch of H2 to divide paragraphs, trying to make Google understand the site better, but I was wondering if for the next iteration of Boldr Pro, having H1 would be possible since it will be more beneficial for the SEO of all Boldr Pro customers with the same style and font that it has today.

I saw that is easy to change in the code, but I just wanted to drop by the idea for you to consider.

Best regards,
    –Santiago.

Reply to: Entry-title in single-posts with H1 instead of H3

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi Santiago,

And thanks for the feedback, this is indeed the kind of detail that can go unnoticed until someone points it out!

Looking at it closely, I now even wonder if it wouldn’t be better to have h2’s for page titles and H1 for the site’s title. I believe there’s a debate about which one is better, so maybe the best is to let SEO experts choose and make changes as they see fit.

Back to the specific topic, indeed it would make sense to use h1’s instead of h3 for post title on single post pages, and this shall be implemented in the next update.

In the meantime this is indeed an easy customization for those interested in doing it right now, you can edit single.php (from Appearance > Editor) or via FTP, and change h3 to h1 on line 63:

?><h3 class="entry-title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>" rel="bookmark"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h3>

Don’t forget to change the closing tag as well!

Then to make sure you keep the same font size, add this into Appearance > Theme Options > Main Settings > Custom CSS:

h1.entry-title { font-size: 24px; }

This goes on a todo list for version 1.7, thanks for the heads up!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Entry-title in single-posts with H1 instead of H3’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock