All Themes Bundle: get ALL of our themes for only $77! Get it here.
Already bought a theme? Log in for an exclusive offer!

creating a slide show

Home Forums Free Support Forum Blackoot Lite Blackoot Lite Support creating a slide show

creating a slide show

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    creating a slide show

[email protected]
    Participant

From your response to a different question you say, “If your homepage is a static page, you can select the slides category from the ‘icefit page settings’ box on the right of the editor, just like with any other page.”

I’ve also read the “Setting up and activating the slider” page on your “Documentation” page…

Sorry, I can’t seem to find either an ‘icefit page settings’ box, or a “Slides” link on my admin page. Is it because I have the lite version? Thanks.

Reply to: creating a slide show

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello,

Indeed the built-in slider features are not included in the Lite version. It seems that you have read some answers from the “Blackoot Pro support” forums, and the documentation on this site is also mostly specific to the “pro” themes.
    Documentation specific to “lite” themes is bundled into the theme themselves in the readme.txt file.

Sorry if anything was unclear or seemed misleading!

To add a slideshow to your site, you may either consider getting the pro version (of course 🙂 ), or you can also try a free third party slideshow plugin.
    There are some free ones that should certainly do the job that you can find on wordpress.org/plugins.
    Most of them may require that you create a child theme and add a piece of code in your template however. I won’t be able to help any further with third party plugins, but they are usually pretty well documented if you know some basic php.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thank you very much — if it’s OK with you, I’ll wait until I don’t have any more questions before buying you a beer. You might even get a six pack out of the deal 🙂

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

No problem, you’re very welcome! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.