columns in blog

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Chooko Pro Chooko Pro Support columns in blog

Note about WordPress 5.0:
Our themes are compatible with WordPress 5.0. However not all functionality are guaranteed to work as expected with the new editor (Gutenberg) that comes with 5.0.

We highly recommend installing the Classic Editor plugin, which will bring back the usual editor if you run into any issue or just do not like the new editor.

An update to bring full compatibility with Gutenberg is being worked on, but has been postponed because of the recent fast-paced evolution of the Gutenberg project until WP 5.0 release. More info about the release of WordPress 5.0 announced on a short 2-days notice can be found here: New 5.0 Target Date.

columns in blog

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Koen 6 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    columns in blog

Koen
    Participant

Hi Mathieu, Just a little but annoying issue: I entered text and an image in a blogpost, and set both in different columns. No matter what I try, the text shows as full width, the image also. Am I mistaken here? Is it not possible to edit blogposts in colums?
    There is just one line of CSS regarding blogs:
    .blogposts-widget-meta { display: none; }
    Don’t know if that matters?
    Hope to hear from you. And wish you a nice weekend. Best regards, Koen

Reply to: columns in blog

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi Koen,

Columns and other shortcodes were originally meant to be used in pages only.

There is a way to make them work in posts, including some CSS I posted somewhere in these forums (which I should be able to dig out), or the block editor (Gutenberg), or even third party plugins.

However from a quick look at your post I wonder if columns would really be appropriate here ; considering the image contains text which is already very small?

Reply to: columns in blog

Koen
    Participant

Aha, I already thought so.

It was a question from the client. And I agree with you, it is not appropriate to set columns in this blogpost.
    thanks and best regards, Koen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe