Chooko Child theme

Homepage Forums Pro Support Forum Chooko Pro Chooko Pro Support Chooko Child theme

Chooko Child theme

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Koen 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chooko Child theme

Koen
    Participant

Hi mathieu, I have some difficulty removing a chooko child theme. I changed to the mother theme, and want to remove the cild, so I can update it (made some modifications). I get a strange communication though (see screenshot). The funny thing is when I try to find the theme via FTP I can not find it. Any clue?

best regards, koen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Reply to: Chooko Child theme

Koen
    Participant

Did find the theme’s now via FTP.
    Is it OK if I remove the child theme manually?
    And then upload the new one?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Not sure what is this error and what caused it, but yes you can safely delete/update/overwrite a child theme via FTP.

If you are going to delete it, just make sure you have switched to another theme before though, because you may run into a few error if you delete the currently active theme!

Koen
    Participant

Hi Mathieu, have not yet done anything via FTP. A bit afraid to mess things up. WP says (in dutch): “Removing of XX thema does not exist. Failed.”
    The active thema is Chooko 1.4.6.
    What is the best way to go: update this version first?
    Than remove the child via FTP, and upload the new child?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

If you have an error saying that the theme you were trying to delete does not exist, it means that either it was already deleted from the server, or it has been modified or corrupted (so WordPress does not recognise it).

There isn’t a lot to mess up really (you can always switch themes and re-upload/re-install themes and child themes at any time) but if you are worried about it I suggest you make sure to backup the whole site before proceeding – which you should always do anyway!

So in case anything goes sideways you can still restore the backup and pretend nothing happened! 😉

Koen
    Participant

Deleted the old child via FTP after making a back-up.
    OK, all worked out fine.
    Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chooko Child theme’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock