Changing Colors

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum BoldR Lite BoldR Lite Support Changing Colors

Changing Colors

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iceable 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Changing Colors

Destine
    Participant

Hey Iceable! I am looking to change the color of everything that is light blue on the BoldR Lite theme, to red. Could you help me out?

Reply to: Changing Colors

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hello,

If you know a little bit of CSS, you should be able to do this pretty easily by adding code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

There are quite a few elements that are using this color by default, you should be able to locate them all using the inspector, or by searching for the color code (#25CEFF) in the stylesheet found in the theme’s folder in /boldr/css/boldr-lite.dev.css.

Without CSS knowledge, there might be some plugin that can allow you to make such changes with some kind of point and click system. However there isn’t a specific one I can recommend.

Last option is of course to consider using the pro version, it comes with a whole lot of additional settings and advanced features; one of the basic setting of course allows to change every color with a click using a simple color picker.

Destine
    Participant

Hey Iceable! I tried looking for the complete stylesheet to exchange out the colors, but cannot find it. I tried Appearance > Editor > Stylesheet – but the stylesheet isn’t complete.

Could you help me out?

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

You cannot access it through the admin panel, but you will find them if you access the folder via FTP.

Styleesheets are located un the /css/ subfolder of the theme. The theme uses boldr-lite.min.css, which is minified (not very readable), but the original stylesheet (boldr-lite-dev.css) is also included in this folder for reference.

I don’t suggest you edit any of these directly though, since every file in the theme will be overwritten during every update. Instead, you may either:
    – Pick CSS snippets and add them with your custom values in Customize > Additional CSS
    – Or create a child theme to hold your own modified stylesheet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Changing Colors’ is closed to new replies.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock