Changing background colour of comments

Homepage Forums Free Support Forum Blackoot Lite Blackoot Lite Support Changing background colour of comments

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dariusjung 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dariusjung
    Participant

Hello, I’ve seen a few posts on this forum about how to customize colours using the WordPress built in Additional CSS function. Since I’m a CSS newbie, I wanted to ask specifically how to change the colour for the background for comments. Right now, because the background is dark, I can barely read the Jetpack Comment Like text (i.e. the “Like” or “Liked by you” text that shows up next to the star). An example is given in the link I provided.

If you are able to provide me with the code to copy and paste into the Additional CSS, so I can then fiddle around to find a lighter colour background, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

Reply to: Changing background colour of comments

iceable
    Keymaster
    Support
    Happy with my help?
    Buy me a beer!

Hi, here are two pieces of CSS you can copy/paste into Additional CSS and use to change the background color for comments (the values here are the default colors):

.commentlist .comment {
    	background: #303030;
    }
    .commentlist .comment.bypostauthor {
    	background: #111111;
    }

The second piece is for comments from the post author, which have a slightly different style by default.

If you change the background color to something lighter, you might also want to change the text of the comment as well (very light grey by default), with this:

.commentlist .comment .comment-body p,
    .commentlist .comment .says,
    .commentlist .commentmetadata a {
    	color: #cccccc;
    }

For the record, jetpack’s “like” text color is #222222 with 80% opacity. Unfortunately this cannot be changed with CSS because it is loaded in an iframe from wp.com – so changing the background is definitely the way to go here.

Reply to: Changing background colour of comments

dariusjung
    Participant

It worked perfectly, thank you so much!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PayPal Verified
Secured by PayPal
Secure Credit Card payments powered by Stripe
SiteLock